Chapter Thirty Seven

"Why it isn't here yet? The meeting is about to start." Damon ran and hand through his hair and paced around. "Jesus Christ." He mumbled.

"Relax it will be here on time." I glanced at him before turning back to prepare my work.

"Why are you so calm about this Al? I'm shitting myself here."

I smiled and tidied up everything. "Because I know everything will be okay. Stressing yourself won't help anything Damon."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "You know you should call Mikayla again and ask her when-"

A knock on the door interrupted him. The delivery guy opened the door and Damon got up to get the folder.

"See?" I raised my eyebrows and smirked at him. "Now give me that so we can get going." I stood up and took the folder from his hand. Damon opened the door for me and we both made our way down the conference room.

When I arrived, I only saw a few people there. My dad wasn't here yet but I could see Mr Astor was already sitting in the desk and talked with his employee.

"Good morning Alia." He greeted me when I approached. "How are you? Ready for the day yet?" He smiled and stood up, walking over to me.

I smiled and looked around. "Morning to you too Mr Astor. I've never felt better like this before. It's pretty cool to be standing here." I giggled.

"Trust me you'll get used to it." He chuckled. "I know the first time could be difficult but you got it dear. Don't worry too much." He flashed me a warm smile and put a hand on my shoulders.

I nodded, feeling grateful. It was like a confidence boost I never knew I needed. I mean I believe in myself but I would be lying if I said I didn't feel nervous.

"Thank you Mr Astor. I really appreciated that." He grinned and looked behind me, gesturing that my dad was arrived. I turned around to see every other members was following behind him. I took a deep breath and went to my chair. Here we go.

After a brief introduction, my dad and Mr Astor talked about the project we were working on. Everyone paid a close attention to everything they said and soon it was my turn to continue the work. The moment my dad said my name, every person in this room laid their eyes on me. I had to muster every muscles in me to calm my racing heart down, it was suffocating enough in here.

Giving myself a small pep talk in my head. I cleared my throat and stood up.

"As everyone already got a hang of the project. Now I will explain it to you guys more clearly so you can understand of what we wanted to deliver today." I walked around the table and handed out a copy to everyone. "This is the report about what we have accomplished in the past two months and also the upcoming strategies we have for this work."

I let everyone have a moment to read over before stood in front of the room and prepare for the speech.

"Even though two months seem like a short period time but the progress we've made are quite astonishing. The contractors are already got into work last week and even though this resort is still in the first step of building, many investors have already reached out and make known their intention of investing in this place. This resort has every potential we needed and if we make the right move, it could become the top choice for everyone when it comes to vacations, wedding or business travel." I stated. "And when this thrives, we can easily outrun the Four Seasons in a span of just few years."

Everyone nodded to my words and honestly, I felt like I was on the top of the world right now.

"The Four Seasons have over a hundred of hotels and resorts across the world. If we can expand our property like they do, but on a bigger scale then she's right. We are totally capable of making the hospitality industry ours." One of the man said.