Chapter Thirty One

I rolled my eyes after Chris walked out the door without saying one word. It's been a few days and apparently he pulled the ignoring game on me. Little did he know he pick the wrong one to play that game with. He actually slipped words out of his mouth a few times by accident and I couldn't be more embarrassed for him.

As much as I enjoy playing this, I know it would have to end because tomorrow is the dinner that I've been dreaded for the whole week. Let's just pray that it'd end before I know it.

"Don't work too much today okay?" Alex said after opened the door for me. He says that to me everyday but we all already knew the answer.

I smiled softly at him. "Have a good day Alex." He nodded and I walked into the building. The moment I stepped in, my phone started ringing. "Yes?....What do you mean issues?"

I walked pass people with a frown on my face. "They told us that they would get everything delivered by this morning. But apparently the weather condition was too bad for a flight to take off..."

"James this isn't the first time something like this happened." I said frustrated. "Our clients are getting-"

Suddenly somebody collided into me when I took a turn, making them spilled coffee all over the place. Luckily it didn't hit me but some was splashed on her.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" The girl crouched down to pick up the cup. "I am so so sorry." She took out some tissues from her purse and started wiping the floor. Her eyes didn't meet mine.

"I'll call you later." I ended the call and sighed looking at the girl. "It's okay, you can get up. We can get someone to clean that up."

She muttered something under breath like 'how can you be this clumsy...' or something like that. When she finally got up and looked at me, her cheeks were burning red. "Freak jesus I just bumped into Alia Gladhill." She whispered.

I looked at her confused. "Uh are you okay?"

"And now she's speaking to me..." Her widen eyes were just staring at me while I stood there awkwardly. This was getting weirder and weirder so I cleared my throat, snapping her out of whatever she was in. "Oh um yes yes! I'm okay. I'm perfectly fine...Are you okay? Oh my god I just spilled coffee onto you!! Oh wait no it didn't hit you. Oh thank god..."

I couldn't help but smiled a little at her ramble. "Thank god for that indeed. But your shirt isn't that lucky though." I pointed to some stained spots on her clothes.

"Oh peep." She looked down and frowned. "This is my favorite shirt." She mumbled.

I looked at her and tilted my head. "I'm sorry for that. Do you have anything else to change into?"

"Yeah I have a spare t-shirt in my drawer." She sighed. "But that violates the dress code though. It's my first week here and I don't want to cause any problems. Well actually I did, I almost spilled coffee onto you." She said quietly.

I chuckled. "It's alright I should have paid more attention too. And don't stress too much, everyone's first week is horrible."

"I almost got hit by a truck on the way here yesterday." She blurted.

"Well glad you're still standing here." I giggled. "Anyway you can go change your clothes. No one will say anything, I'll make sure of that." I gave her a wink and left to my office.

Before I stepped in the elevator, a loud squeal was heard and I shook my head, smiling with myself.

"What is he? A twelve? Who the hell even ignore their partner just because the other say no to have sex with them? Oh wait your lovely fiancé is, how pathetic." Damon rolled his eyes while crossing his arms.