Chapter Fourty Three

I stirred around and reached out my hand to see the space next to me was empty. Rubbing my eyes open, I yawned looking at the clock. 10am already?! No wonder she was nowhere to be found.

Reluctantly getting out of bed, I changed into a cute Christmas sweatshirt and went to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and fixed myself, I walked downstairs and smelled something nice.

"Good morning dear. Did you sleep well?" Mrs Astor said when I entered the kitchen.

I leaned against the counter and smiled. "Good morning too Mrs Astor. I'm sorry for waking up so late, I forgot to set the alarm." I chuckled nervously. The bed was so warm too.

"Oh don't worry. I wish I could lie in bed all day like that too, this old cracky back can't take it though." She rolled her eyes. "By the way what did I say about calling me Julia. Stop making me feel old than I already am." Julia pointed the spatula at me.

I giggled. "Roger that."

"Do you want some breakfast." She said. "I can make you some right now. Matt and Mikayla already had it earlier."

"I'm fine Julia." I waved my hand off. "Speaking of that, do you know where Mikayla is?"

"She's outside honey. Are you sure you don't want anything?"

"I'm sure Julia." I chuckled walking out the door.

I opened the slide door and stepped out. The breeze immediately hit my face and I hugged my body tightly. The moment I took a step further, something was thrown right in the middle of my face. It was so sudden that all I could do was standing there trying to register everything when I heard a laugh.

I looked over to see Mikayla was laughing her ass out while having a snowball in her hand. You're done.

"Mikayla!" I yelled and marching toward her, grabbing a handful of snow in my hand. "You are so dead you sneaky little-"

"Woah woah.." She held her hand up while still laughing. "Come on it was a clean shot!"

I threw the snow at her, shutting her up. "Oh yeah? What about this one?" I kept throwing snowballs at her continuously until she started to throw it back too.

A war was going down when suddenly she stopped throwing the snow and started to chasing me around.

"Come here!"

I laughed circling the tree. "You can't catch me!"

In some god's magic Mikayla suddenly caught up with me and she held my waist, stopping me from running. I screamed and wiggled around, trying to get away which causing us both to fell down.

I laughed and pushed her away but she held my hands above my head. "Are you gonna run now?" She said, nearly out of breath.

"This isn't fair. I just woke up and you made me run a marathon." I giggled against her face. "Try again and I'll beat your ass. Or are you scare?" I raised my eyebrows, still couldn't stop my laughing.

Mikayla didn't say anything and just stared at me. I didn't notice before but our faces were extremely close to each other, I could feel her heavy breaths fanning against my face. Once again my eyes focused on hers, the coldness in the air and the light from the hidden sun really did wonders to her eyes. I've never seen her eyes this blue before, it wasn't just ocean blue but it was icy too. A perfect portrait of how winter would look like if it's a color.

I looked so deeply into her eyes that when I saw her gaze flicked down to my lips, I gulped. Slowly I felt she leaned closer until there was only a small gap between us, any movements now can make my lips touch hers.