Chapter Thirty Five

Mikayla's POV

My foot tapped against the hard floor anxiously, waiting for this damn elevator to open up. I think I haven't felt this antsy for a while because I don't get nervous, I rarely do. My hand gripped the bag tightly and the moment the elevator reached the destination I wanted, I moved my feet quickly to where I prayed the blonde would be.

I made long strides and soon I was walking down the hall to the office. "Mikayla? What are you doing here?" Damon asked confused when he saw me.

"I want to see her." I didn't stop while answering him. "Is she here?"

"Well y-yeah she's in there but-"

"Good." I cut him off and fasten my pace.

"She's busy right now Mikayla. She told me not to let anyone in." Damon rushed out as he tried to slow me down.

"I don't care I need to see her." I said. The door was getting closer and closer.

"Wait you can't-"

I flung the door open to see she was sitting at her desk gracefully, her hair was up and she was looking down at some papers concentrated before her eyes looked up at me. I gulped when I met her confused yet beautiful green eyes staring at me, I thought I melted right then and there.

"Damn it Mikayla I told you she was busy." Damon scolded me but I didn't listen, all my attention was on her. "Alia I tried to stop her but she just barged in here."

"It's okay. You can get back to work Damon." Her sweet yet soft voice came up. Damon closed the door behind me and her eyes were too left mine to get back whatever she was doing. "What are you doing here?" She said while still looking down.

I cleared my throat and tried to calm my racing heart down. I needed a minute to get my shit together. "I wanted to see you. I brought cupcakes, some of your favorite flavors too." I walked closer to her desk and placed the bag down.

"I'm busy right now Mikayla." She said writing down something. "You can go and have it with Damon."

I bit my lips and leaned against her desk. "You should take a break and eat something. You shouldn't skip lunch."

She didn't say anything for a while and I thought she was too focused that she didn't hear me. "Fine then just leave it there, I'll eat it later." She answered after she finished the writing, but then she just pulled out another folder and looked through it. I rolled my eyes at that.

"Alia just take a break for a few minutes. The work is not going anywhere anytime soon." I whined like a baby. It didn't work though since she now was squinted her eyes at the computer and typing something. Guys I'm being ignored here.

Sighing when she didn't seem to stop working for a second. I paced around her office and looked through every pieces of decoration she has in here. I saw how she only has a few frames of picture here. The first one was taken with her sister Lilian, looking at the picture, I saw it was taken on Lilian's graduation. She was holding a flower in one hand and hugged Alia with the other. Both were so beautiful in that picture. Then I moved to the next one on the shelves, it was small picture with Alia and her dog. She was a kid and the dog even looked bigger than her. It was jumping on her and I could see how Alia was about to fall on the ground. A small laugh left my mouth at that.

"What are you doing?" Her voice snapped me out of my little investigation.

I looked at her and shrugged. "I was just looking around. Hey who's this little buddy?" I chuckled pointing at a picture.

She looked at it and then sighed. "My dog, obviously." She mumbled.

I pursed my lips and slowly made my way back to her desk. "Alia...why did you come over my place the other day?" I asked the question I was holding in for so long.