Chapter Fourty Seven

"It's good to see you this happy Al." Alex looked at me through the rear mirror and smiled. "I haven't seen you this content in a while."

I turned to look at him confused. "Huh?"

He grinned and averted his eyes on the road. "You've been having that smile on your face since I picked you up. I don't know what's the reason for that but I'm happy for you."

"Thank you Alex. I'm happy for myself too." I said quietly and turned to the window again.

We arrived to the company and I made my way to the office to see Damon was already sitting in my chair with a smug look on his face.

"You look like a light bulb walking in here." He leaned his back on my chair and snickered. "You're practically glowing woman."

I put my bag down and squinted my eyes at him. "I don't know if you're just messing around or you really want to get your ass fired."

"Ha as if you would do that." He scoffed. I raised my eyebrows at him at that. "Jesus you can't deny it that this seat is tempting though." He lifted his ass out of my chair and grumbled. "By the way don't think I don't know about what's going on between you and that Astor girl." He smirked.

I turned my head to him abruptly. "What?"

"What, you think I can't see through all the smiling and squealing when you text or call her?" Damon grinned. "Also the fact that she has been picking you up after work a lot lately and that hickey on your neck." He pointed to my neck.

My hand immediately went up and covered it. I thought I already put make up on it.

"Oh oh there it is!" His face brighten up and his smile widen. "Your face is burning red right now woman. No running away now." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and huffed out. "Fine there's things going on between us." I hesitated a little, I didn't know this conversation would be this difficult to say. "I don't want this to come out as a shock to you but we're actually dating, for a few days now." I bit my inner cheek nervously. "It just happened and I-I don't know, fuck I should have told you about this. Now I'm looking like some selfish bitch who only know about themselves."

Damon chuckled softly and placed a hand on my shoulders. "It's alright, I saw it coming actually, miles away." He squeezed my shoulders. "Whenever you guys together, the room suddenly filled with all the tensions and that discrete looks you guys gave each other. It's just a matter of time before something happened, especially now that Chris is out of the picture." He shrugged.

I nodded my head. There was one more thing that I wanted to say to him but left it at that. I wasn't ready to find out the reaction he'd have.

"So you knew?" I looked at him and smiled.

"Please, I'm an expert at knowing who just got laid. And I can tell the second you stepped foot in here." He rolled his eyes and headed out. "But all that aside, don't be afraid this time Alia, it's time to live for yourself now." He said to me one last time before closing the door.

I sat down smiling and started working when I received a text from Mikayla. She sent me a picture of her doing the peace sign with a cheeky smile while sitting in an office. I'm assuming she was in the meeting and was too bored to bother listening to whatever people were saying. I swear this woman is a pain in the ass to work with, fortunately she takes it somewhat serious when it comes to our business.

- It's nine in the morning babe. Give those people a break.

I replied to her before putting the paperwork on my desk and started working. Half of the day passed away and it was time for lunch, I told Mikayla earlier I wouldn't able to join her today due to the workload. I made a mental note to ask Damon to have lunch with me after I deliver some documents for my dad. We haven't spoken much after that day and he being his ridiculously annoying self, couldn't even make bare minimum effort to reach out to me.