Chapter Fifteen

I was standing in a closet for the last twenty minutes, debating on what I should wear. I don't want to look overdressed 'cause this is just casual lunch but I still want to impress her though. Mikayla was gonna come soon so I have to make a decision quick, I finally decided to go with a simple tank top and high waisted shorts, finished it off with a pair of sneakers. This should be okay, I think to myself. Fixing my hair and looked over my makeup, making sure I look decent. I walked downstairs waiting for her.

"You're going somewhere?" Chris asked me while he was sitting on a counter with his laptop.

"Yeah I'm having a lunch with a friend." I said putting the stuff in my purse.

He looked at me up and down. "I like you in those shorts."

I looked up at him and smiled. "Thanks babe." Just then I received a message from Mikayla.

'Hey I'm here.'

-I'm coming. I replied her. "Babe I have to go now. I'll see you later ok ?" I said to Chris and started walk out the door.

"When will you be back?!" He called out.

I turned back to him. "It's just lunch, I'll be back soon. Bye babe." With that I left the house and saw Mikayla's car waiting outside the front gate.

Saw me getting closer, she stepped out of her car. "Hey you look good." She smiled.

"Thanks, you too." I chuckled and observed her in the mean time, she was wearing a nice blouse with black denim jeans, she wasn't wearing heels but she still for sure much taller than me. "Shall we go?"

"Sure." I was about to open the door but she got it before I could.

"Oh you don't have to do that." I smiled.

"It's okay, I wanted to." She looked at me dearly and I shook my head, looking down slightly blushing and stepped in.

"So where do we go? You didn't tell me anything about this lunch." She asked after got in the car.

Well technically it's not really a lunch, more like a hang out but oh well. "Do you know the way to the  State Fairgrounds?"

"The State Fairgrounds? Uhm yeah, why?" She furrowed her eyebrows looking at me.

I smiled mischievously. "Just drive."

We soon fell into comfortable silence, me looking out the window and Mikayla focused on the road. Nothing said but I didn't feel the need to say anything, somehow I enjoyed this moment. Then I felt eyes on me when the car stopped at the red light, I turned to look at her to see she was watching me with a smirk on her face.

"What?" I chuckled.

She just shrugged. "Nothing, you seem happy that's all." I raised my brow curiously and she elaborated. "You had a smile on your face the whole time you were looking out the window."

"Oh? Guess I'm just excited." I smiled and turned my gaze away from her intense eyes.

"It was cute."

I looked back at her, this time my cheeks were burning red. "Do you have any music?" I tried to change the subject. She didn't answer. I started to grow hot under her gaze, she just kept looking at me. "It's green." I said quietly.

"Yeah pick whatever you want." She said and turned her attention back to the road and drove.

I messed with the radio for a while and then a song came up. "Ooh I love this song!" I squealed excitedly and mumbled the lyrics, bopping my head.