[109]

It's kind of late and Eli and I go to buy something to eat. After all we didn't eat anything since we told them about our grades. When we arrive at the shop we bought food and sit there to eat them.

"Do the grades matter that much?" Eli asks out of nowhere and I look at him.

"They are not that important but you need them if you want to get accepted into a university".

"So they are".

"Yes they are but you don't need to pressure about them".

"Well our fathers don't see it like that".

"Forget about them, Eli. Okay? They will never change. They will continue yelling about our grades".

"Well the next year I'll be the only one getting yelled at. You won't be here".

He looks back down to his food as he takes another bite. I stare at him upset. He makes me not wanting to leave. I already don't want to but now I don't want a lot more to not go. I sigh and take another bite of my food.

"Do you want me to talk with your father?".

"So you argue again? No thank you".

"We won't argue".

"Yeah. Right. That's the biggest lie that I have ever heard before".

"We will just discuss. I promise you" he finally looks at me. "I promise" he sighs.

"Anything you want" I nod at him. My phone suddenly rings and I check it. My dad. I sigh and pick it up.

"What?".

"Yn, where are you?".

"Somewhere. Why?" Eli looks at me but I mention him to eat his food.

"Come back home".

"We will come later".

"When later? It's already late".

"Later" I hear him sighing. "Give me a second, buddy" I say to Eli as I stand up and walk out of the shop. "Have you two calm down?".

"We just want the best for you".

"So you yell at us and make us feel like shits because you want what's best for us. That's funny".

"Yn, just come back home. Okay? We can discuss everything when you come back".

"We will come back later".

"Later when?".

"Whenever we want and feel ready to get yelled at for once again".

"Well we won't be wrong this time. You sneaked out".

"Ask yourself why".

"The grades matter, Yn. If you don't have good grades, you won't get accepted into any university. The same goes for Eli".

"Did you ask us if we want to go to a university? Did you ask us what we want? Because right now, we study so you don't be disappointed to us. Because we got sick and tired of getting yelled at for something normal. So many months you weren't home and now you wait from us to be good students when our psychology has became so bad that we can't even understand our own selves? And after all, you and Derek never graduated from high school. Why do you wait from us to graduate and pressure us to when you two dropped out?".

"Our situation was a lot different. We-"

"Yeah yeah. I know the whole story. Don't worry".

"Come back and we will talk about it" I hear a door closing.