[81]

Derek and I have daily fights about everything. Since that day we haven't stopped fighting. We took our test back today and I did awful to say the least. The bell rings.

"Hale, stay for a while" I sigh. When everybody leaves the class, I walk near to the coach. "An F- ? Minus? Seriously?".

"I tried my best".

"I know and I understand the whole pressure and all these but ... You gotta try more".

"Sure".

He hands me my test and I walk outside. When I saw Eli with his friends I put my test into my bag. His friends enter the school bus and he walks near me. We put on our helmets and I drove us back home. I knew that I would get yelled at for my test but at this point, I didn't care. As we entered I tried to leave but Derek stopped me.

"Hold up right there. You took your test back, didn't you?".

"Just yell at me and punish me already. You know it's awful".

"Show it to me" I open my bag and hand it to him. He stares at it and sighs. "Seriously?".

"I tried my best".

"That's your best? That's nothing" we all see Peter walking near us.

"What happened?" Peter asks.

"I got an F- on my test and I'm waiting for him to yell at me so I can finally go to my room" I keep my stare at Derek.

"What's wrong with you?" Derek says.

"What's wrong with me?".

"Yes. What's wrong? Why are you acting like that? Why can't you be more like ... " he stopped his sentence before he had the chance to say the name.

"More like who? Eli?".

"That's not what I meant".

"Not what you meant? Oh really? Because since that fucking day with the post, you haven't stopped comparing me with Eli and his fucking perfect life".

"Hey. That's NOT true".

"That's not true?".

"No it's not".

"I GOT A FUCKING D ON MY MATH AND YOU COMPARED ME WITH ELI THAT GOT A 'B'. I DECIDED TO SLEEP THE NOON BECAUSE I WAS TIRED, YOU COMPARED ME TO ELI AND TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD BE MORE LIKE HIM AND START STUDYING MORE. I GOT AN 'A-' ON MY HISTORY TEST AND YOU COMPARED ME FOR ONCE AGAIN WITH ELI BECAUSE HE GOT AN A. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THAT. YOU MAKE ME WANNA HATE HIM WHEN HE IS THE BEST GUY AROUND HERE. STOP COMPARING ME ELI'S ACHIEVEMENTS" by now I started feeling tears started to form in my eyes. "SINCE THAT DAY I HAVE BEEN LIKE SHIT. I GOT FUCKING HURT, I WAS READY TO DIE, I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL, MY PSYCHOLOGIST SENT ME TO A PSYCHIATRIC BECAUSE OF MY THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE, YOUR FUCKING SON THAT I AM FREAKING COMPARED TO STOPED ME BEFORE I FUCKING SUICIDE. MY FATHER SAW ME NEARLY DEAD AND GUESS WHAT. YOU HAD NO IDEA".

"BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT TELLING ME ANYTHING".

"ASK YOURSELF WHY" he just stares at me. "I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU ASKED. I GOT MY PUNISHMENT JUST FINE AND DIDN'T FUCKING WENT OUT OF THE DAMN HOUSE FOR A MONTH. I HAVEN'T TRAINED IN FOREVER THANKS TO YOU AND I HAVEN'T FUCKING HEALED" tears start streaming down my cheeks.

"Yn. Hey. Calm down" Eli says and tries to get me away from Derek but I pull away from him.

"I HAVEN'T FUCKING HEALED. I GOT HURT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. I HAVEN'T HEALED AND GUESS WHO IS THE RESPONSIBLE ONE. I HAVE THE NEED TO FEEL OKAY AGAIN BUT I CAN'T AND YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE I CAN'T HEAL" I start breathing difficult. "BECAUSE I FEEL FUCKING RESPONSIBLE ABOUT ALL THESE EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT. BECAUSE YOU MADE ME FEEL THAT WAY. BECAUSE YOU MAKE ME WANT TO FUCKING DIE" Peter pulls me away from Derek.