[40]

It's the lacrosse practice and I'm feeling like shit. Coach can clearly see that. He stops the game for a break and he calls for me.

"Yes, coach".

"What is going on?" I stare at him and after I sigh.

"I'm just taking a few pills".

"What pills?"

"For my IED and so I can somehow control my bipolar self".

"You can't even walk straight, Hale".

"Yeah. I ... I can feel that but they help me to be calm".

"You are way too calm. You don't have the energy to even walk" he just stares at me. "I'll call your father to come over and take you".

"No. Wait" he looks at me confused. "Umm ... Don't call him. It's alright".

"He doesn't know that the pills make you feel awful?" I softly shake my head. "Sit down and I'll call him".

I sigh as he walks away. I sit down and take off my gloves. A few minutes later I see Derek running to where I am. He kneels down so we are at the same height.

"Yn? What happened?" I shake my head. "C'mon. We will go to the hospital".

"Not again. Please" he stares at me not knowing what to do. "Please, Derek. I don't want to go there again".

"Do you want to stop taking the pills?" he asks me in a careful tone.

"You say that they help me".

"I thought they would but you are not okay" I just stared at him. "We will throw them away. Okay?".

"Okay".

"C'mon. Let's go".

He stands up and I stand up too. We start walking away but I start feeling more dizzy than usual. My hands are shaky but ... No. Not shaky. They are having spasms. Everything went black but I can feel, hear and smell everything. I can't see anything. I feel my body collapse with the ground and I have spasms. I feel people running towards us and I hear Derek's voice.

"Yn? Yn. Hey. Can you hear me?".

"Derek?" that's definitely Issac's voice.

"Yn".

I feel someone wrapping his arms around and I got off the ground. Derek. I'm sure about it. He runs somewhere but then I feel the familiar sense of the seats of his car under me. He immediately starts driving and after a few minutes he comes to a stop. I feel him picking me up again and running somewhere.

"Derek?" Melissa's voice?

I feel the familiar hospital bed under me. Now I can hardly feel or hear or smell anything at all.

Skip 10 hours

When I open my eyes I look around confused. I'm at the hospital. I look at my right and see Derek. When he feels me moving he looks up to me.

"Yn?" I can feel that he is scared by his voice. I look around in the whole room and then down to my body. I look back at Derek.

"Why ... Why am I ... Here?".

"You ... You fainted and had spasms" shit. Not again. The door opens and Melissa enters. I look at her.

"Yn? How are you feeling?".

"Umm ... " it's like I have forgotten how to talk. It feels really difficult for me to explain how I feel. I look around in the room and then back to Melissa. "I don't know" she looks at Derek and after back to me.

"Are you hurt?".

"I-I ... I don't think so" she nods at me.

"I'll let you relax and I'll come later to check on you. Okay?".

"Can I go home?" I stare at her.

"Umm ... " she looks at Derek and then back to me again. "Are you sure about that?".

"Yes I am".

"It's your choice. Anything you want" she looks at Derek and I look at him too. He looks at me.

"Yeah ... Umm ... Whenever Yn feels better".

"Then you can go" she looks back to me.

"Thanks" she nods at me and walks outside.

"Get dressed" Derek says and I nod.

I take my clothes and go to the bathroom to change. When I'm fully dressed I walk back outside. Derek and I walk outside and straight to his car. We get inside and he starts driving. I pull my legs to my chest and hug them and stare out of the window. We didn't say anything until we arrived back home. I didn't notice that at first but when Derek opens my door I snap out of my thoughts. He nods at me and I get out. He closes the door and we walk upstairs. As we entered I looked around.

"I'm going to sleep" I walk upstairs before he says anything.

I go to my room and lay to my bed. I pull the covers over my head and just stay there without moving. I was just thinking. Remembering. Flashbacks from the past. Derek cares for me. He didn't leave me alone and didn't yell at me because of that. He didn't hit me or anything. He was kind. I stand up again and walk downstairs. I see him staring out of the window. When he felt me he turned and I ran at him and hugged him. He hugs me back confused.

"Yn?".

"Thank you" he keeps me to his hug for a lot more. I feel safe here. He kisses my forehead and we pull away.

"Are you okay?" I nod and smile at him.

"Yeah. I'm better" he softly smiles at my answer.

"There's my girl" I softly chuckle and he smiles more. "I missed your smile".

"Yeah. Me too to be honest" he chuckles.