[83]

"So you're playing tonight?" Derek asks me while we are waiting for Eli and Peter to come.

"Yeah. It's the final of this year of school".

"That's nice".

"Yeah but I don't know if I'm playing".

"Why not?".

"Well I haven't had time to practice lately and I don't know if the coach will like that".

"Oh".

"Most likely to be on the bench" he simply nods. "Better luck next year I guess" we hear footsteps and Eli with Peter enter the kitchen.

"Good morning?" they both say.

"Good morning" Derek and I say.

"Everything's alright with you two?" Eli asks. Derek and I look at each other.

"Yeah. Everything's fine" I answer and look at Eli.

"Ah. That's great then".

"Yeah" Peter looks at me and Derek and then shakes his head. "Can I have a ride today?".

"Well I could give you one but I got some stuff to do by the time that your school will end so ... " Peter says.

"Well I could drive you back" Derek says.

"Cool. Thanks".

When we are done with the breakfast Eli, Peter and I go to Peter's car. I sit at the front and put on my headphones. Eli sits at the backseat and Peter starts driving. A few minutes later we arrived so I took off my headphones and got out of the car.

"Thanks, dad. Bye".

"Bye, guys".

Eli and I enter the school and I go straight to my class. The coach is giving us our tests back but he didn't give mine so I simply raised my hand. When I do so, he sighs.

"Yes, Hale?".

"You didn't give mine".

"Stay after class for a while" I sigh.

"Great. I failed" I whispered to myself.

The lesson goes by and I hate what is about to happen if I fail this test too. Derek will yell at me again. I mustn't fail. I can't fail. He won't allow me to play lacrosse again. The bell rings and everybody packs their stuff and walks outside. I pack my stuff and go near to the coach. He shows me my test. It's a C.

"With that grade you're playing lacrosse" I sigh.

"I won't be able to play tonight?".

"You will be at the bench".

"But- But I have to play. They are our biggest opponent-"

"Only if you retake the test. No other way".

"I can retake it today".

"Then that means that you will lose the practice".

"I can practice after school. Coach, please. I have to play".

"Come from here before practice".

"Thank you" I walk outside and sigh. I fell up to Harlan.

"Yn".

"Hey. Harlan. Right?".

"Yeah".

"Yeah".

"How are you doing?".

"Uhh good. Better actually. How about you?".

"Good finally".

"Nice to hear that".

Hale Daughter जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें