[12]

It's around 3 am and I can't fall asleep. I feel like I'll go insane in here. I can't leave of course. After all they accepted me to stay here for the night. I wear my jacket and walk downstairs quietly. I wanted to drink water but that's definitely not the only that happened. As I arrive down the stairs I see Sheriff going through a few papers. I stop walking and look at him. He sees me and looks at me.

"Yn?".

"Sorry, sir. I was just a bit thirsty".

"Take a seat" I sit down and he gives me a glass of water.

"Thank you, sir" he nods at me and sits down as well.

"Are you okay?".

"Yeah. Everything's okay".

"You sure? You seem nervous".

"I mean it's only fair after everything that has happened between us, sir".

"Yeah I guess" he stares at me. "That's the only reason?" I look at him.

"Yeah. What else could bother me?".

"Oh. I don't know. Any argument or any other problem that you're thinking about could be a reason that you are that nervous" I stare at him. "You have to be honest with me, Yn. I gave you a second chance. That's not what I should do and you know that really good. I should send you to jail for fourth time".

"I know".

"Then be honest with me. Tell me what is going on".

"I have never lived like that to my life, sir. You know that really good. At least a part of my life. I never had lived like that. I hadn't any freedom back to that house".

"What did you even go there? You could call the adoption center with the phone that they gave you".

"Well those people found me after my home got in fire".

"Oh".

"Yeah. When they died, I went to the adoption center".

"Died?".

"From the drugs. They were drug addicts".

"Right. I forgot about it".

"After they died I got to the adoption center. I mean you went me there" he looks confused.

"I did?".

"I mean you the officers. Not you specifically, sir. I think it was a new guy in there. Christian I think was his name".

"Oh yeah. I remember him".

"Yeah".

We stay in silence for a while. I notice that the papers that he has at the table write my name on it. I look confused and Sheriff noticed that.

"I just wanted to learn a few more things. Stuff that I didn't notice or we didn't talk about that could possibly make you how you are" I look at him. "Wanna read them?" I look at the papers.

"Isn't that against the law?".

"Well against the law is that I let you out of the jail as well".

"Yeah. True".

"Here. Read them".

I take the papers and look at them. I look at Sheriff and after at the papers again. I start reading them. When I'm done with the papers I look at Sheriff.

"Where did you find all these stuff about me? I haven't said anything about all these to you or to any of your coworkers".

"I did my research".