[108]

I walk outside and wait for Eli to come. When he arrives, he seems upset. I look confused as he stops when he is close to me.

"What happened?".

"I got a test back. A math test".

"How bad is it?".

"A C-".

"Hey. We got the same. I got a C- on my history test" he chuckles and shakes his head. "No need to be upset about it. C- is good. We can't have on everything A+ and A. That's not possible".

"I know but my dad-"

"You dad is an asshole. He will yell just like my dad but they just want us to pass. That's all. You know what I do when they yell at me?".

"Cry?".

"Shut up".

"What?".

"Don't listen to them. I just ignore them".

"After that you will start crying".

"Okay. You know what? I may be crying when I get yelled at but I got a really rough childhood".

"Okay. I'm sorry".

"Let's go. We will get over this together".

We put on our helmets and I start driving back home. To be honest I'm scared about how our fathers will react. I know that if they start yelling or something, I'll definitely start crying and I don't want to cry. Not in front of Eli. I can't do this to him. We arrive at home a few minutes later. We take our helmets off and walk inside.

"Leave bags and come for dinner".

Eli and I go to our room and leave our bags. We take our grades and our tests on our hands and look at each other. I nod at him and he nods back at me. We walk outside and sit down next to each other. Derek and Peter look at us confused.

"What happened?" Peter asks us.

"We got a test back" I say and Derek sighs. Eli and I hand them our tests and hide our grades for a bit more.

"A C-?" they both say.

"We tried our best" Eli says.

"You got a C-" Derek says to Eli.

"I can't understand everything in Math" Eli tells him lowly.

"You?" Peter points at me.

"History isn't my forte" they both say. "Umm ... We have and something else".

"What else?" Derek says.

"We got ... "

"Our grades today" Eli finishes my line. Derek and Peter leave our tests down and stare at us.

"How bad is your average?" Peter asks.

"A D+" I say and Peter stabilizes himself at the table as I pull my grades in front of him.

"Eli?" Derek asks him.

"A C-" Eli hands his grades out and Derek stares at those. They both (Peter and Derek) look all over our grades and sigh deeply.

"You with me" my dad says as he takes my grades and walks to my room. I follow behind him and close the door behind me as I enter my room. "Sit down" I sit down at Eli's bed and keep my stare at him. "D? Seriously?".

"It's- It's a D+".

"Are you kidding me right now?" I just stare at him. "You don't have even 1 A. One. No more. One fucking A. Even if it was an A- I wouldn't care but not even one?".