[65]

Derek sits to my bed and I put the recorder on. I sit in a chair and press play. I simply stare at the screen waiting to see something but for now it's just black. Just then the video starts playing and I saw what I did want to see. Actually it's something that I didn't wait to see. It was me and William talking and someone was recording it behind a tree.

"You know, Yn, Derek and Peter won't be always there for you".

"Of course they will" not to mention that William was older than me.

"Did I tell you minutes ago to shut your mouth? Why don't you listen to me?".

"Because you're not someone to tell me what to do. I listen to my father and mother. Not you" I watch him as he walks near me and pushes me against a tree. His back is showing at the camera by now.

"I said shut your mouth before I do something that I don't want to".

"What? Will you hit me? Do it. It's nothing different for you. You have done this before" just then I see William punching me in the face. I remember that day really clear. It was awful.

"Don't you dare to say anything about this happening. Do you remember what happened the last time that you were about to say something?".

"Unfortunately" he punched me again.

"YN? WILLIAM" I hear Derek's voice.

"Listen here, Hale. Don't say anything or else" I nod at him and he pulls away from me. Then I see Derek running towards us.

"Yn, your nose is bleeding".

"I fell and hit. I'm sorry".

"Hey. It's okay. Are you hurt?".

"I think I'm okay" he nods at me. Now I understand that Derek hadn't believed me that day. The video stopped and another video started.

"C'mon, Yn. Just do it already".

"No please" I was a crying mess and I know really well the reason why. I remember what William did that day to me.

"Just cooperate and keep your mouth shut".

"You hurt me. Why don't you understand it?" he punched me.

"I don't want to hurt you, Yn. I want to help you see the reality".

"What reality?".

"That you're a bitch".

"Get away from me" he punched me again and I notice blood on my nose.

"Didn't I say to keep your mouth shut?".

"Yes".

"Then that means that you broke that rule so I'll have to punish you".

"No please. I beg you".

"Don't scream, darling".

He started punching me non-stop. I can't watch anymore. Lucky for me the video stopped and pictures started popping up. It was pictures of me and William when he was hitting me. The screen turns black but I don't take my eyes off the screen.

"Your mother recorded those videos" I hear Peter's voice and I turn around and look at him. "She gave me that video before she died and told me to keep it away from you if I could. I never watched what it was in it. I could imagine maybe information about something serious about her health or something like that but never this" I felt tears dropping on the floor. "I watched the video yesterday after the whole scene between us and this morning before you wake up I left and went to Derek and gave it to him. I know how much you wanted him to forgive you about killing William and this was the chance".