Chapter 105

Kahlil

Keisha just walks out of the room.

"What just happened?" I ask Tamera.

"Remember everything that went down in March and Keisha kinda shut down everything?"

When Sergeant died and she moved out...

Tamera explains everything. "Yeah, she's really homesick right now. And right now Amia is doing all great fun things with her parents and she feels like she's missing out. Like she didn't value the time she's had with them. Like she had movie nights, cooking nights and all of that but they've never really gone out as a family before. Then since Marilyn is pregnant she wants to be with her mom more than ever."

"May I please be excused?" I ask and they tell me to go.

I find Keisha in the powder room.

"Hey—"

"Can you please just give me a minute."

I slowly shake my head. "I told you I'm not leaving when I think you shouldn't be alone."

"I'm just not feeling great right now—" I watch in shock as she turns around and drops to her knees over the toilet.

"MOM!" Is the only thing to leave my lips.

She races over here and takes over.

Keisha throws up for about five minutes and I've never seen anyone throw up blood.

Eventually Dad gets here and now I have to put Tatum to bed.

"Where's Mummy and Dad?" He asks as he climbs into bed.

"Keisha, isn't feeling too good I'm sorry. She just needs some attention right now okay?"

"Will you read me my book?"

I honestly don't want to.

"Buddy, can we skip that one tonight? I'm worried about her."

"But my book?" he whines.

"Buddy, what if Donna got hurt? Would you want to read this book or check on her?"

"Donna." He sighs.

"I promise I'll be back and I'll take you to school in my new car okay?"

He smiles. "Okay."

I rub his head. "Now gets some sleep."

I get back downstairs. Dad is pacing and he is on the phone. "You are not listening to me okay. You can fight me later, but you have to tell me right now or I'm taking her to the ER where I will have her records pulled up."

I hear Keithan's voice. I take the phone.

"Keithan, Keisha has this dark discolouration on her neck and she just threw up dinner with blood, so if you know what's going on can you stop being petty for two seconds and help your daughter?"

"Is she on her time of month?" he finally gets on topic.

"I don't think so."

"Common cold?"

I glance at Tamera. "Kinda. But she said she's fine. She seemed fine last night."

"She is hiding a cold or the flu. Her coughs are crazy, she's probably throwing up a lot and it has damaged her throat that's why she's throwing up blood. Now give the phone back to your dad, Kahlil."

"Goodnight Keithan," I hang up the phone.

Dad looks at me like I'm crazy. I don't care. "Help her. Please," I beg.