Chapter 28

Kahlil

When I wake up I fall out of Keisha's bed.

"Kahlil?" Her voice is groggy.

"Yeah sorry not sorry. How are you two gonna stand there and say nothing!" I stare at her parents.

"What are you still doing here?"

I glare at Sergeant, "Did you check your phone at all last night?"

"Why?"

"You would see that I texted you, stating she wanted me to stay!"

"Keisha?" Her parents question her but I know she's still half asleep.

"Kahlil come back. I'm cold." She groans into her pillows.

Her dad is staring me down.

But I do recall all those times Keisha claimed I shouldn't be intimidated by him. So I do get back into the bed and Keisha pretty much rolls on top of me.

She continues to speak. "It's Saturday. I know it's not 11. Come back when it's 11."

"Keisha it's 10:45!"

"I know it's not 11. Come back when it's 11." She yawns.

Reluctantly they leave. And for the next 20 minutes we lay here silently. I slowly hum and Keisha stirs awake.

"Thank you for staying."

"Whenever you need me, I'll be here."

She sits up on me. We lock eyes. She gets off and disappears in her bathroom.

I hit myself in the face. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!

You know what if we don't talk about it. We can pretend it didn't happen.

"Kahlil come here." She calls me.

"Uh-"

"It's not weird unless you make it weird." She says.

Well now it's weird!

"Please put on a shirt?" I ask.

She approaches her closet. "You wanna take a shower? I still have your sweats and shirt... and some new boxers? They'll fit you because as we have noticed we have similar sized waists."

"Why do you have boxers?"

"Are you aware that it's actually better for ladies to breathe down there. Especially after a night like the 27th?"

"I understand." Since she is still in her closet, I run into her bathroom and step into her shower. I creep my hand out of the door and drop my clothes on the floor.

"Clothes are on the counter. I got you a toothbrush too."

"Thank you."

"No problem. Don't spend too much time in the cold water." She snickers at me.

I roll my eyes. "Got it."

Keisha

You know Tamera tried asking me if that has ever happened because apparently we constantly sleep in the same bed. I genuinely thought it wasn't a real thing. I did everything not to laugh when I sat up on Kahlil. But he had to make it awkward. He should know better than me that testosterone levels are high in the morning.

I get downstairs. My parents are both sitting there drinking coffee.

"Keisha, next time wear a shirt to bed please?"