Chapter 83

Keisha

The class got a free show because the second I got back the woman and I went back and forth till the bell.

Luckily in my next class sir gave us a study period. I use the time well.

When the bell rings I head to the library. Right before I touch the door I get a text from Tamera. She says she is sad again and wants to see me.

Sad? Last period she literally had guys say they'd fight Wayne for her. That she should dress like this more. She was prom-posed to in class!

Okay that last one is normal. Tamera has been prom-posed to 76 times within the last three years. Yes all of those senior boys were desperate. I bet it would've been four years but freshman weren't allowed to go to prom.

I text Tamera that I'm going to the library to study.

She wants me to see her in the caf.

We have this little argument about it.

I don't know why she is sad. I started the post of her glow up. I used the middle school pic everyone used. I used a pic of her when I was at her house and we exchanged gifts. Then I chose a picture of her walking a runway, for fashion week in New York. I made a collage.

I had Tamera's girl group repost it. I had Wayne repost it. So I basically just reached the entire school through like seven people.

I call her. "Tamera I am losing my mind right now. I need to study!"

"I thought we had a pact. To make sure we aren't upset."

It's so quiet on her side. "Where are you?"

"In the hall walking back to the caf from the bathroom because you don't care about me."

"Ugh fine. Five minutes." I hang up and walk over there.

The halls are so dead.

I walk into the caf and drop all my stuff scared out my witts because why is the concert band playing trumpets so loud. "Are you crazy!" I yell at them.

They are also all staring at me. Why is the school staring at me.

That's when I hear the piano too. So I'm here thinking what teacher did he trick for this.

A bunch of kids flip a poster board.

I whisper reading it aloud, "got to be there in the evening, when she's looking fine to the World. Got to be there so we'll have good times and show them that's she's my girl. Prom?"

The music gets louder and I'm already looking around for the fool!

But no, the man starts singing the actual song. He has a microphone somewhere. And I don't know where!

In the pauses he taunts me. "Stop looking lost. You won't find me so easily."

"You are embarrassing me!" I yell.

"Good. Now please receive these on my behalf."

He continues to sing.

A line up of boys start handing me. Flowers, a corsage, perfume, candy, chocolate, my favourite juice. Wayne puts a K&K necklace on me that matches the anklet. And Tyrel hands me my favourite meal from Funko's.

The bag is steaming my milkshake isn't in the slightest melted. How is that possible?

I set every down on a table.

"Kahlil Denzel Hayes!"

"Yes, Love?"

I hesitate. Gosh I love this guy, but he plays too much.