Chapter 77

Kahlil

I wake up to lips on my neck.

"You could've just woken me up normally. But I definitely am not complaining."

"And now you aren't thinking about how every inch of your neck and back are sore."

I roll my eyes and sit up.

I try to kiss her but she covers my mouth. "I already brushed. You can have a kiss when your teeth are scrubbed down."

We head upstairs and Keisha starts making everyone breakfast. I join her after I get ready. Everyone is still asleep including TWayne who is right there as we cook. I get sick of the quiet and pop in a record. And crank the volume.

I grab Keisha and we eat breakfast as the other couples wake up.

And of course the best way to start the day is listening to got to be there.

"Keisha-Rae Simone!" Tamera snaps up.

I give Keisha a fork full of food and I say, "nah that's all me Tamera."

"Hayes!" Tyrel storms out from down the hall. "I know you are in your Keisha obsession mood, but this song is trash!" He walks up to the record player and changed it to the Bad album.

He leaves and by the time he comes back everyone is ready for the day and he's singing Liberian Girl to his Liberian descent girlfriend.

When we all sit for breakfast Wayne is starting at me.

"What?"

"Where did you two disappear last night?"

"We went somewhere to be alone and relax."

He hums. "Mhmm. Slow down before I become an uncle."

"Excuse me?" I ask bewildered.

"Don't act like you aren't showing off your neck." He points at me with his fork.

I stare Keisha down. "Tell me you didn't wake me up by giving me a damn hickey?"

"You see I didn't even think that would happen. You just wouldn't wake up."

"Never knew my girlfriend was a vampire." I scoff.

"Keisha?" Tamera says nervously.

"Yep?"

"Can we talk?"

"Speak, no one's stopping you."

"Alone?" She clarifies.

"I'd rather not."

"Why?"

"I'm seeing the fight in my head and it's not worth the aggravation and headache."

"Keisha we need to—"

Keisha shakes her head. "Not today. Not tomorrow. Not the day after that. I want to enjoy the rest of this weekend that was my original idea. What is so important—"

"Would Mama Serge—

Keisha looks at me, "I want you to meet me outside." She kisses my cheek and leaves the table.

I finish eating quickly and wash a few dishes.

"Kahlil?" Tamera looks to me.

"She told me last night. I didn't really ask, but it came up. She is traumatized Tamera. She needs a break right now. I'm sorry—"

"Sorry won't get her back here to talk so go."

When I get outside Keisha has my helmet.

"Where are we going?"