Prologue prt 2

Kahlil

"Bro tell me you are coming tonight?"

"I told you I want things to be different. From now on. No more crazy-party-drunk-high Kahlil." I tell my friends as they bash on me for being a buzz kill.

"We all know, you've been saying it for weeks, mister so said golden boy." Tasha places herself in my lap and tries kissing me.

"I'm not drunk. I'm not high. Get off of me with your disgusting drenched lips." Lip gloss may look nice on some girls but I hate kissing a girl with lipgloss. When I'm under the influence I could care less.

"Tasha why you even here?" Wayne, my best friend asks her.

"Mrs. Hayes is at the open house for my house. She said I should come here and see what Kahlil is up to."

"Tasha go home!" I groan because she's still in my lap.

"You know our parents would love us together—"

"I'm not that stupid." I stand and she falls off me on my couch. "I'm going for a walk."

"Seriously a walk?" Wayne scoffs. "Take the car. While you're at it take us on a drive."

"My cars in the shop."

"Take the Chiron you idiot."

"I'm not taking my mom's car. Do you want me to die?" That is one of the rarest cars in the world. She got one of the very few five seater models.

"If you take the car I'll leave you alone." Tasha says.

"Yeah right." The others laugh.

***

The five of us are in the car. Tasha's house is just a couple of blocks away.

That's also why my mom decided to walk there.

As we approach a stop light a cheap looking sports car raves their engine beside me. They roll down their window. Wayne who's riding shotgun rolls down his.

I shake my head. "Simone you better get away from me. I'm not racing you."

"Ever since the last month of school you've been a wuss. What are you, scared you'll lose golden boy?"

Everyone in the car says I should do it and I crack.

"Three times around. End at the huge tree by the park."

The light turns green and we go for it. This is a really fast car. I lose him the third time around.

I speed down to the tree and out of no where he gets up beside my car and to prevent collision I slam on my breaks but the car ends up going off road slamming head on into the tree.

She's going to kill me.

***

"Kahlil!"

I know that voice.

"Mom?" I groan and run a hand over my face. My head is spinning.