Chapter 75

Keisha

I wake up early and make breakfast for everyone.

Then I take a nice early dip in the lake.

It's been a really long time since I've swam.

Unfortunately I'm not the only one with the idea.

"Morning... I hope you don't mind. I need to get practice in."

"No problem. I was just getting out." I hurry out before he says something else.

When I get inside Tamera stops me. "Really? That was so awkward."

"Tamera I'm not doing this right now. Just eat and enjoy yourself." I try to walk past her but I'm stopped once again.

"Keisha you are supposed to enjoy yourself too."

"I am."

"Really? You just look sad avoiding him."

"Please just drop it."

Kahlil

I'm starting to think it wasn't a good idea for me to tag along on this trip. All I want is to be near her but she pulls away from me and looks miserable and it's making me miserable!

When I finish training I go inside. I take a shower. I stay in the freezing cold cellar. I sit down here on this small sleeping bag and I look through Ray's stuff. There are some pictures down here on him and Keisha. I wish I can get her to smile like this. Just one more time.

"You are killing me." I didn't even hear Wayne get down here.

"I dont know what you guys thought was going to happen but it's like she hates me. And it's really bumming me out because every time I see something I think of her. When I was dancing like a fool and I tripped with her. When we made breakfast all those times. Swimming in the lake. She—ugh. I shouldn't be here. Let me take the car back. I'll pick you guys up."

"Kahlil. One more night. I swear it won't be that bad. She'll come around."

"No she won't. You know she won't. I am on this cold floor in this tiny room. Under these stairs. She even had the same hairstyle as when I met her here!"

"Have you tried?"

"Why should I when she won't even look me in the eye? Dude... just drop it."

"At least hangout with us."

I groan and follow him upstairs. They are literally just sitting around.

"Nice of you to join us," Tamera is genuine with her words.

I sit on my own at the bench as they talk and laugh and play games. Keisha is no where to be found and I am not feeling any better.

When the day ends I head back downstairs. I'm leaving in the—

Thunder crashes and lightning shines through the hatch.

Keisha's scared of storms.

Ugh I can't do anything about that.

I try and get some sleep.

***

No. It's not working. Guilt is eating at me.

I walk upstairs.

I tiptoe past TWayne and sneak into Keisha's room where she is curled up in a ball under her blankets.