❅ c𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵

2016
📍WAKANDA
╰─────────╯

GALINA's LUNGS filled with sharp air as she took her first waking breath.

Her fingers prodded at her eyelids, wiping the sleep from out of them and just as she was about to sit up, she felt a weight holding her down.

Her eyes fully opened in mild alarm...but they landed on the image of Bucky's sleeping face.

Galina then looked around, taking in her surroundings and quickly realized that they had ended up falling asleep on the couch.

She was laying on top of him with their legs tangled together, his strong arm tightly wound around her back like a kid holding their favorite teddy bear.

She didn't have much time to admire him because he inhaled a sharp breath of his own before his cerulean eyes fluttered open.

He blinked a couple of times before his head gently lolled to the side, a soft grin creeping up his mouth as he examined her.

Faint bags dressed the underneath of her bleary eyes, matching the ones underneath his and her pink lips were plump and full — they looked so soft.

"Hey." he croaked as his hand gently squeezed her waist, voice raspier with sleep.

"Hi." she replied with a slow smile. "You're a really good pillow."

"You're a really good teddy-bear."

The sunrise was beading into the living room through the wall-glassed windows causing for both of their skins to shine beautifully.

They could hear the birds lightly chirping and the soft hum of music already coming from the unexplored village just a couple of streets away.

It was a piece of....calm that neither of them have truly experienced.

Galina fell back into his neck and let her eyes shut happily, relishing in the peace. "I love it here and it's barely been 24 hours."

"So do I." he said, a feeling that he could faintly recognize as hope began to swirl in his belly along with the Galina induced butterflies.

Bucky doesn't think he's experienced a sunset this beautiful on the fire-escapes of Brooklyn nonetheless with a beautiful dame lying in his arms.

Half the time he'd usually be asleep at sunset or in his adult years from what he could recognize, he'd been keeping soldiers in line or down in a nasty smelly barrack.

Or in a bunker after he was taken in by the newly appointed Captain.

Speaking of which...

Heavy footsteps began to echo from the staircase behind them.

Completely startled, Galina found herself throwing her body off of Bucky and onto the ground with a soft thump.

The ex-assassin's eyes went wide as his hand reached down for the girl who looked up at him, shaking her head quickly.

She then rolled underneath the small gap between the couch and wooden flooring and hid there while he sat up quickly at an attempt at inconspicuousy.