! 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸

2019
📍UPSTATE NEW YORK
Avengers Compound
TWENTY-THREE DAYS LATER
╰─────────╯

DRIP

DRIP

DRIP

DRIP

The sound of medicine droplets hitting against the IV drip was all that could be heard for the last couple of days in that room.

The long wire connected Galina to it by the arm, running up the expanse of her forearm before being imbedded into the underside crook of her elbow, stuffed skillfully into a vein.

She hasn't showered.

She hasn't eaten.

She hasn't even gotten up from the bed unless if she had to pee, which was rare, because she was barely even drinking any fluids...which sent for another IV to be placed in her opposing arm.

No sounds, no movement, just staring into nothingness — a deep void.

The familiar creek of the door opening entered her ears — it opened every single day, from the morning to the night, it opened.

Soft footsteps followed the sound of the door shutting back closed.

Weight beside her shifted the bed slightly, causing for her body to be wiggled as the person sat down.

Fingertips swept back pieces of her tangled curls from out of her face and combed it to curl behind her ear.

"Hey, you're sitting up." the accented voice gently spoke.

Galina, for a moment, was about to run her hand across her stomach, only to halt and toss it back to the side when she realized the lack of roundness.

Pietro bit his bottom lip in deep thought, pained eyes falling to her abdomen for a moment before looking back up at her dimmed side-profile.

"Natasha made pancakes." he implored. "She made them with bacon, and I know you love bacon."

"I'm not hungry."

Those were the first words she's said in weeks.

Her voice sounded completely empty, matching with her appearance — it was as if there was nothing behind her eyes.

Pietro tried his best not to breakdown into tears over it, he had to be strong.

It's been twenty-three days without the team, without his sister or sisters.

Wanda: blipped.
Petra: blipped.

But the worst part about all of this for Galina is that she's lost so much more.

Her soon-to-be husband and children who died on the battlefield — she lost the life she was longing for.

Nonetheless, the doctor said that she lost them from stress of the mind and body— she was never going into labor...she was miscarrying.