! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ: ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ

2024

📍AVENGERS COMPOUNDerrors may be presentA Day Later╰─────────╯

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND
errors may be present
A Day Later
╰─────────╯

Galina and Pietro walked hand in hand as they entered the compound that they haven't been in — in a while.

The compound was filled with the sound of wrenches turning and old rock playing, no doubt because of Tony.

"Is that Deetz and Speedy Gonzalez?" the man in questioned called out from where he was working on some sort of machine with Rocket and Thor.

"Oh god, not emo girl." the raccoon grimaced.

"Lady Lina!" a...bigger and clearly intoxicated Thor exclaimed as he began to hobble over. "How've you been? They said you weren't coming!"

Galina was taken aback for a moment. "Hey Thor, I'm doing okay." she blinked a couple of times. "Uh, where is everyone?"

"Steve and Nat are off somewhere doing god knows what." Tony replied as he slipped from out of the underneath part of the device. "The rest of the team is in the testing room fucking around with the suits." his eyes then light up.  "Oh! And that reminds me, I have something for you."

Galina sighs, a small fond smile growing on her lips. "A new suit?"

"Possibly. Just figured that a badass outfit might motivate you a little more." he continued to pull at some wires before pointing at the man beside her. "Hey Pietro, come help me with this."

He relented with an annoyed face before pressing a kiss to Lina's temple. "See you in a bit."

"Yeah." Galina muttered as they parted ways — her going over to the room with the rest of the team only to overhear a bunch of arguing over time travel films.

She leaned against the little doorway and awaited for them to mention her presence.

She decided to loudly and obnoxiously clear her throat.

Their eyes met hers in the doorway and they all smiled, surprised by her appearance.

"Galina! You came!" Hulky Bruce exclaimed in excitement, quickly crossing the way to scoop her up in a hug.

"Surpriiise." she rang out in an awkward laugh before he sat her back down. "Hey Clint." she nodded towards the man in the nano suit. "New haircut?"

He nodded back at her with a faint grin. "Needed a new look."

The last time the two saw each other was in Wakanda...when he told her that the Avengers weren't a family anymore.