! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ: sᴛʀᴀᴡʙᴇʀʀʏ ғɪᴇʟᴅs

📍PORTLAND, MAINE
╰─────────╯

IT took around a three hours to get back to Maine. The car ride consisted of old voicemails of Pietro that she never deleted and old songs that they used to listen to.

She drove her car down the road until there was a big sign that said...

WELCOME TO
PORTLAND

She now understands why Piet picked out this town for them to live in. It was simple...and that's all Galina has ever wanted.

As she continued to drive down the street she spotted a woman having lunch, a pizza delivery guy, and children laughing and playing.

Galina then turned down a block and drove around a small roundabout until she turned into a drive-way.

Her drive-way.

It was clear that construction had already started to take place on her house, like she expected after it was abandoned two months ago.

The plot was now empty and a large trash bin had wood tiles stacked up in it, remnants of what once was her home.

Her eyes ran over the large landscape of the home that she was supposed to be living in right now and stepped forward to stand in the middle of it with teary eyes.

What was once her home, her sanctuary, had been diminished to dust and crushed pieces of her heart — a physical representation of her.

A physical representation of her.

Her home had been reduced to nothing, she's been reduced to nothing and she's sure that she's always been.

Chaos, death, and destruction was the only thing that followed her, she barely had any peace.

Why her?

Why does it always happen to her?

As those overwhelming thoughts and questions swirled in her mind, she held her hands tightly to her chest — lip trembling as she began to break down, her legs weakening — falling onto her knees.

Angry, depressed, confused big rolls of tears went falling down her cheeks as she curled into herself on the sandy terrain.

Her legs began to tingle, and so did the rest of her body — an overwhelming ringing noise building in her eardrums.

At each cry, at each sob, the pain and the sensation intensified and grew even deeper, hitting her at her core...until it exploded.

She sat up onto her knees, flailing her arms out at her side and grunting as energy escaped from her chest and hands, creating a large dome of pink and nearly black mist.

It felt as if she were vomiting, except she was letting out a decade's worth of bile.

Blocks began to assemble themselves in sparkles as her body began to levitate, sobs still escaping from her throat.

Eventually, as the structure unfolded, Galina's feet landed on the ground of the newly built house when she bent her back backwards and more power exploded out of her, encasing the whole town in her magic.

The energy continued to leave her, the tips of it turning gold as it strung together a person in front of her.

Screams and sobs continued to escape from her esophagus until she stood upright, the final bit of her energy leaving her and fully forming Pietro Maximoff.

She gasps softly, relief soothing her bones, as her arms slowly fell down to her sides — everything was completely in black and white?

Pietro looked at her curiously before a small smile appeared on his lips.

She took a couple of steps forwards and towards him — her sneaker now turning into a heel and sweatpants and sweatshirt, now an elegant dress.

Messy bun now down in copper brown rich heated curls.

"Galina." Pietro spoke tenderly, tilting his head to the side in adoration. "Welcome home — should we stay in tonight?"

Galina smiles brightly and nodded, the two meeting on the couch. Her leg crossed elegantly over the other as she leaned in to kiss him.

Pietro's arm wrapped around her when they pulled away as their eyes found the television in front of them.

- - - - - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -

a/n: two more chapters left until book one is finished!

what did you guys think of book one? what are your expectations and theories for book two?