! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ

📍SWORD
Two Months Later
*errors may be present*

📍SWORDTwo Months Later*errors may be present*

╰─────────╯

"HEY GALINA, it's Wanda. I haven't heard from you in a month and i'm beginning to become worried. None of us even know where you live now. Your own sister doesn't know and she's really scared." she paused. "You know, everyone is grieving. I'm grieving Vision — Bucky's grieving Steve's old age but the difference is, we're all grieving together. You being on your own isn't healthy, Lina." she paused. "I'm sorry...for everything — I love you." the phone beeped, meaning that the message was finished.

"Hey." Petra's voice broke within the message. "You're smart, I know that, which means that you're most likely safe but please just at least send something? A thumbs up? A middle finger emoji? Something? Everyone is really worried. I love you." beep!

"Hey, Lina. It's Sam. Listen, i'm not gonna bug you or ask you where you're at because I know that you're safe but at least get back to one of us? Just for peace of mind. Just know that i'm here for you and I love you. Bye now." beep!

Breathing is heard on the other end of the line before the person spoke. "Lina—" Bucky's voice broke. "Don't do this again. Don't just disappear. If this has anything to do with me, don't let the others suffer." he paused. "I'm sorry.." beep!

Galina parked in front of SWORD headquarters and grabbed her phone from the cupholder, deleting all of the messages.

She ran her fingers through her now brunette hair and took a deep breath before opening the car door.

She's been doing some digging, hacking into SWORD files and she found that they're experimenting with Pietro's blood, nonetheless, they have her kid.

How they have his blood is beyond her.

She strutted into the facility and immediately went up to the front desk.

"Hello, miss." the man looked up with a rehearsed smile although the sudden jump of fearful emotion gave him away. "How may I help you?"

"I'm here to look at Project: Reborn." she says cooly. "And for my son."

That's when the man fully recognized her and his eyes widened. "Ms. Kuznetsov—"

"Agent. Kuznetsov."

"Right sorry I uh." he cleared his throat. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I know you have his blood and I know what you're doing with it..." she slowly articulated. "I know you guys have been holding my child hostage for the past two months as well."