❅ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴

2016
📍THE AVENGERS COMPOUND
Upstate New York
╰─────────╯

"ELEVEN WAKANDANS were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria, earlier this week — starring Galina Kuznetsov." the newscaster stated. "The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred."

The picture is then switched to the King of Wakanda speaking. "Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil. Not only because of the actions of criminals, but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent, is no victory at all."

The newscaster then appears back on the screen with her fellow co-worker. "Now, there's talks of Galina Kuznetsov, the renowned Soviet assassin getting arrested — what do you think of that, Bill?"

"Following Kuznetsov's career not only as an Avenger, but during her assassin days proves that she's an untrustworthy ally." he started. "That untrustworthiness was protected by SHIELD, the very organization who was swamped by HYDRA. The likelihood of her still being a HYDRA goon or a goon in general is very high and the Avengers need to stop protecting her. So I think it's a long time comi—."

The television is suddenly shut off.

Galina exhaled a long breath, screwing her eyes shut for a moment before looking over her shoulder to identify the intruder.

Sam was standing there, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his broad chest — a sullen and sincere expression on his face.

"Are you here to scold me?" she questioned weakly. "Tell me I was irresponsible? Reckless? Because if so, i've already heard an earful from Cap."

"No, I came to check on you since you've been rotting away in this room for the past week with zero human interaction." he articulated simply before pausing. "It's not your fault, Lina."

She scoffed at him, gesturing to the TV. "Turn the news back on, they certainly don't agree."

Sam walked deeper into the room, taking a few moments to sit down beside her as they sat in silence.

Over the past year with Sam being around more frequently, it was natural for them to form more of a friendship.

And though they aren't the bestest of friends yet, there's a special place in their hearts for one another.

Quite frankly, Galina reminds him of his sister back in Delacroix.

"It's not your fault." he broke the silence softly. "They're shocked and scared and they're trying to pinpoint the blame on someone."

"But doesn't the blame inherently fall onto my shoulders?"

"In a perfect world, yeah....but the world isn't perfect, and we saw that the other day."

Galina swallowed the guilty lump down her throat before nodding sheepishly, caging her bottom lip between her teeth as she curled deeper into herself.

In suddenness, Vision comes phasing through the wall chasing for the duo to damn near jump out of their skin.

"Vis!" she exclaimed, a little shaken over the sudden appearance. "Wanda and I talked to you about this."