❅ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹: 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

2016
📍BUCHAREST
╰─────────╯

"HEADS UP. German Special Forces, approaching from the south." the Falcon's voice warned on their earpieces.

"Understood." he says, eyes stuck on his best-friend's journal that he had found.

When they had met up a couple of blocks from the apartment building and walked to the location, it was just silence.

Steve barely gave her a second look and his face remained passive that whole entire time.

She can practically feel the anger rolling off of him in waves.

Coming back to the apartment caused a hole to burn in the center of her chest — if anything, the apartment was dimmer than what it was prior to her first visit.

The fairy lights that she had bought were half off the wall and tangled, the fort was nowhere to be seen, and the kitchen was ten times more cluttered.

A separate wave of guilt ripped through her.

She didn't have too much time to relish on the memories when she noticed Steve jerking himself around to face the entrance of the room.

Galina turned as well...and low and behold was Bucky.

When he made eye contact with her, she immediately spotted the darkened circles under his hurricane blues that were as stormy as ever.

Bucky was nowhere near angry at her — she had duties and he didn't expect for her to drop everything for him.

Though that didn't stop the constant nagging in the back of his mind that wondered if she'd ever return that year and when she didn't, that caused his heart to constrict in a way that he didn't recognize.

And he didn't know why.

Tha Captain spoke. "Do you know me?"

"You're Steve." Bucky's gaze shifted to the blonde man, his voice was gruff. "I read about you in a museum."

Galina already knew that was a lie right off the bat.

"They've set the perimeter."

"I know you're nervous." Steve unhurriedly uttered. "And you have plenty of reason to be...but you're lying."

Bucky found himself glancing at the timid girl again, taking her in once more before turning back to Steve."I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore."

"They're entering the building."

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive."

"That's smart — good strategy." his eyes darted upwards, hearing the guards feet pattering above him.

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised."

"This doesn't have end in a fight, Buck."

He inhaled a long breath and breathed out his next sentence in a tired tone. "It always ends in a fight." he then removes the glove from his left hand which revealed the platinum metal.