! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ: ɪғ ᴡᴇ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴡᴀʀ

2024
📍AVENGERS COMPOUND
*longchapter/errors*
*also for when they're talking in comms, i'm not italizing it. just pretend that the camera is moving back n forth between each character."
╰─────────╯

"Galina, wake up." Clint tapped on her dusty unconscious face.

Her eyes fluttered open as pain coursed through her limps.

"Oh thank god, you're not dead!" he exclaimed barely in relief. "Now get up." he grabbed underneath her biceps and pulled her back onto her feet, placing a hand on her blood stained cheek before slapping it.

"Ow..?!" she slowly said before looking at him with wide eyes.

"What? Your body was in shock. I needed to do that to unfreeze your nervous system."

"Okay Dr. Oz.." she said sarcastically with a cough while looking around the damaged facility. "What happened?"

"Thanos happened." he wrapped one of arms around her shoulder while his other arm encircled her waist, helping her walk.

Galina's blood ran hot with fury and her eyes flickered pink momentarily — anger rushing through her veins.

"Thanos.." she muttered darkly.

"Yup." he replied as they continued to walk through the broken down compound, "Come on, we need to find a way out of here. Comms are down, i've got the gauntlet."

Galina's craned her head forwards to find him cradling the gauntlet in his opposing arm. "How the hell did you end up with the gauntlet?"

"Fate."

Just as they were walking down the hall, they heard the sound of roars and creeks coming from behind them.

They looked in the direction of the sound only to find a group of Outriders hauling straight towards them.

"Not those little shits again." Clint mutters. "Alright, you gotta speed it up a bit."

Galina scoffed as they began to accelerate their pace. "I just had a building fall ontop of me, what do you mean speed it up?"

"We all did!" he reminded.

They skidded around a corner, and more corners, and down another damp corridor only to stumble upon one that held a dead end.

"Shit." Galina murmured. "HANG ON." she wrapped an arm around Clint's waist as they got closer and closer to an opening in the ceiling.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING."

"DO YOU TRUST ME?"

"NO."

"GREAT!"

With her right outstretched hand that was holding the gauntlet up in the air in front of them, she swerved it upwards so it would land on the second floor, seconds away from the end of the hallway.

She then pushed herself and Clint up with her powers and then ended up on the second level with an ungraceful landing.

They panted as they lay on their backs.