➘ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭

2006
📍BOZEMAN, MONTANA
United States of America
╚════▣◎▣════╝

GALINA KUZNETSOV was a proud Montana hater.

She's been here for a solid year and shes already came to the conclusion of hating it — she came to the conclusion of that the first couple of months.

She hates the serenity — the coziness of Montana.

She's used to being cold with chattering teeth inside of a dingy cell — not warmth that spread throughout her body as she laid on a big fluffy twin sized bed.

She's used to holding weaponry and fighting her peers, not tricycles and going to an actual school.

The mission that Ivan mentioned to the young girl turned out to be an undercover mission.

Galina had to pose as a child in a "family".

Petrov, a higher up in HYDRA, associate of the Red Room, and an ally of General Dreykov was the "father."

Jenya, a Widow who was cycled through the Red Room at least five times played as the "mother."

Petra, a younger girl who was merely a toddler, played the other "daughter."

The four year old latched onto Galina quite fast despite the older girl's reluctance and uncomfortableness around her natural lighthearted affection.

Galina could feel Petra's stare and her breath fanning against her face within the dark night. One of her eyes cracked open to find her 'little sister' indeed staring right at her.

"What do you want?" she questioned tiredly, shutting her eyes back closed and curling the heavy comforter tighter around herself.

"I want ice cream." the big brown eyed girl said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

She huffed and sat up, looking over at the alarm clock that read 3:30. "Petra, it is three in the morning go back to sleep."

"But I want ice cream!" she pouts, stamping a foot down. "If I asks momma she isn't gonna let me."

"Who says that i'd let you have ice cream either?"
Galina looked at her in annoyance with risen eyebrows.

She copied her exact expression as their eyes stared challengingly at one another as if it were a contest.

Petra's eyebrow twitched upwards as she concentrated on not blinking, though didn't have to worry about that for long since her older sister blinked first.

"Ice cream now please!" she squealed in excitement, bouncing on the tips of her toes.

Galina quickly placed a hand over the girl's mouth. "Shh, you're being too loud. Do you want to wake mom and dad up?" she grimaced ever so slightly as the words 'mom and dad' fell off of her tongue.

She hopped from out of her warm bed and began to make their way carefully down the dark hall. Petra's smaller hand naturally grabbed onto Galina's who nearly shriveled away in disgust at the touch but, she decided to let it slide.

Once they were in the kitchen, she shook Petra's hand from out of her own and stepped in front of the freezer at the bottom of the silver refrigerator. 

It's crazy looking at the assortment of food. At the Red Room they were only fed potatoes and heavy duty proteins. Nothing sweet.

Petra's arms were wrapped around her leg as she took out the pint of strawberry ice cream.

She handed the pint down to the girl before walking a short distance to the cutlery drawer to grab a spoon for the young girl.

Once the spoon was acquired, she sat down beside Petra and handed it to her as she ripped open the ice cream container as if she hadn't eaten a day in her life.

"Lina?" she said through a mouthful of the cold treat.

Galina let out a long exhale and looked down at her. "Yeah?"

"When we grow up, can we get our own house with a bunch of ice cream." she paused before a triumphant smile was etched on her face. "A ice cream house!"

Galina's lips broke out into the tiniest grin at her innocence. The one thing that she did like about Petra was her ambition.

"I don't think ice cream houses are possible."

"But it can! The future means more technology, right? Ice cream houses will exist!"

She just shrugged lightly, rolling her eyes slightly and looked away to stare out into the dark abyss of the kitchen.

"Lina?"

"I'm right here."

"Why does mom and dad make us have a bag filled with things?"

Just in case we have to flee from the feds. she wanted to say.

"That's what most families have, Petra. A to go bag just in case of emergency." she half-lied. Technically, it was true.

The younger sibling chose to accept that answer and crawled closer to Galina, laying her head in her lap.

"Can you braid my hair?"

She looked down at the smaller girl, another small smile being found on her mouth. "Sure, buddy."