✧ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭

2018
📍WAKANDA
╰─────────╯

"GALINA KUZNETSOV, you have been called to the council for several reasons." T'Challa proclaimed from where he sat on his rightful throne.

The ex-assassin stood small before him, trying to keep her eyes on him and not the watchful faces of the elders.

"You've showed selflessness in taking on an enemy whom was not your own and the council and the entirety of Wakanda and its people, thanks you."

Galina gave him a faint smile and bowed her head in humbly.

"Despite our conflicts in the past, you have showed your bravery, strength, and devotion to the country of Wakanda, and the council has voted to make you Wakanda's very own international affairs advisor."

She tried her best to school her stunned expression, but by the small grins on everyone in the room, she's sure that she failed.

"This country needs someone that they can trust and count on to deliver precise evidence and information on the outside world and governments. With your past experience in not only being an Avenger, but in skillful espionage, you have a deep knowledge and understanding of foreign affairs that we simply do not have...and that much has been evident throughout this mission."

Galina blinked away her unsettlement several times as she took in his words, eyes diverting onto the carpeted floor as she was stuck in thought for a moment.

After a beat, she looked back up with a confident yet timid expression on her features.

"This is a really lovely offer, really really lovely." she emphasized. "...but I'm gonna have to decline."

T'Challa then quickly shook his head from side to side with an outstretched hand of reassurance. "Now, you don't have to come up with a decision now."

"No I—" she interrupted herself with a small sigh. "I am so so grateful to you, King T'Challa, and the rest of this country for taking me and my friend's in and everything that you have done for us — I am also extremely grateful for this wonderful opportunity that maybe at a different time I would've taken...but, this is not that time, so i'm gonna have to politely decline your offer."

All of the elders in the room looked at one another with shocked raised eyebrows, whispering to one another — this time, it was out of disappointment, not mockery.

Galina simply bowed her head down respectfully at a narrowed eyed amused T'Challa. "Thank you."

It wasn't long before she was escorted out by the king's guards and brought back out into the hallways of the palace.

At the sound of the doors slinging open, Shuri and Ross whom were waiting for her by a pillar stood up straight.

"So?" the princess said in question, a wide excited smile on her face as her friend walked to her. "Did you take it?"

She grimaced a bit at the elation on their faces before shaking her head in hesitance. "I said no."

"What?!" they both screeched at the same time.

Why?" asked Shuri.

"I just...I don't know.." she started as they fell into step. "...i'm kinda tired of the fighting and foreign affairs. I've been involved in this shit since I was a toddler, I just...want to live in peace as long as I can." she then nudged the girl next to her with a grin. "Maybe I'll just retire from Avenging and work in the lab with you."