! ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ɢᴏ

2024
📍MAINE
MISTAKES ARE PRESENT. IM SORRY
╰─────────╯

It was cold, so cold.

Galina was used to the cold from growing up in Russia all of her childhood, but this cold was different.

This cold was slithered in between your joints and froze you, it sent harsh jolts of shivers down your spine.

It froze your mind of any thoughts, an eerie feeling.

A familiar red man, one whom she's seen in photographs in her childhood, stood before them in a wispy cloak, he looked as if he'd been decaying.

"You must lose the one you love..."

Galina jolted upwards in her bed lightly panting as the cold still itched her skin in goosebumps.

She barely even processed the hands on her shoulders trying to coax her to calm her breathing until it spoke.

"Hey, hey hey, you alright?" the Sokovian lightly questioned.

Galina took in a couple of breaths to steady her heartbeat before meeting his eye. "Yeah," she breathed out. "I had..the weirdest dream.."

Her eyes then moved over to look behind his shoulder, finding three familiar yet one mildly...unfamiliar people standing around in the living area down the hall.

Natasha, Steve, Scott Lang?, and...Hulk with glasses and Banner's voice whom was happily playing with Ezra...?

"This is a really weird dream."

📌 RANDY's DINER

"I see you guys made quite a life here." Scott Lang nicely commented through the thick silence.

Galina stared dead at Natasha, frigid eyes unwavering. "Who died?"

"What?" she said in confusion.

Pietro placed a hand on her shoulder and softly whispered sternly. "Lina."

She continued coldly. "Only one of you comes up here to see us a month — not the whole crew plus the insect."

"Rude." the insect in question mumbled.

"Who died?" she repeated.

"No one died." Steve spoke up, causing for her to glance at him. "But we can bring back the ones who did."

Galina's eyes widened for a fraction of a second, and she was about to burst into laughter or maybe even tears at his words, except the seriousness on their faces caused for her to refrain.

She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth and slowly nodded, her entire body was tingling.

"Is that all?" she replied boredly.

"What?" the redhead replies with furrowed brows.

"Is that it?"

"I—I mean...yeah?" Scott said in an uncertain tone.

Steve blinked a couple of times in pure bewilderment. "Did you not hear what I said? I said that we can bring everyone back—"