✰ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥

2015
📍ROMANIA
A MONTH LATER
tw: talks of self-harm and other mentally ill stuff
Bucharest
╰─────────╯

ITS BEEN about a month since Galina's been here, longer than she thought she would've been.

Hell, she thought he would've told her to fuck off when he laid his eyes on her but he hasn't.

Everytime she decided that it was time for her to go, she backtracks.

It was like a long sleepover — Galina making up things to have fun since it was wiser to stay in the apartment and you got to work with what you've got.

Every day she spends there, his fondness grows for her...and it's not the same fondness that the soldier felt.

Galina, though she'll never admit it out-loud had started developing the tinniest crush, at least that's what she thinks people call it?

She's not really informed on the complexes of opposite gender connection or anything that has to do with romantic feelings?

She doesn't know, nor does he.

It's just easy to talk to him...and it's easy for him to talk to her, that's all it is even though the HYDRA shaped elephant in the room hasn't been addressed — nothing serious.

They practically know all of the surface unserious stuff about the other and it seems like Bucky is learning more about himself as time goes by. 

"You threw him out of a window?"

"No....yes." she said with a grimaced smile, hiding her face behind her sleeve covered hand. "In my defense, he was in his suit and he deserved it!"

"I'm sure he did." Bucky replies with a grin before his eyes overlooked the town below.

Galina, ever the vivacious one, suggested that they sit out on the fire escape and eat dinner.

Dinner tonight being Kraft macaroni and cheese that she had gotten at the grocery store for him to try.

"This stuff is really good." he comments, pointing at the the pasta with his fork.

"It's because it has this thing called fructose corn syrup." she said. "Fructose is like crack. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Bucky found himself laughing at her, covering his mouth with the back of his hand as he did so. "Shawarma and McDonalds aren't the best thing that's happened to you?"

"They're on my top three." she remarked with a subtle grin, shoving some more of the macaroni in her mouth.

Galina let out a long sigh as the cool air dusted against her cheeks that were beginning to pink from the cold — tip of the nose bright red.

"You look like Rudolph."

Her head whipped around to look at him incredulously. "How do you know Rudolph?"

"From your Christmas lesson the other day." he replies, boyishly grinning. "You look exactly like 'em."

"And you don't?" she sassed back. "You're lighter than me."