❅ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨

2016
TWO MONTHS LATER
📍WAKANDA
╰─────────╯

GALINA HASN'T felt this anxious in a while.

And it wasn't the usual spouts of anxiety that she has sometimes late at night when she's alone in the dark, and the loneliness is pretty rare nowadays since Bucky and her are literally never apart.

No, it's the type of anxiety she felt back in 2012, the type of anxiety she felt during the Battle of Sokovia, the impending doom of the Accords.

"We think that Secretary Ross has managed to find our location.." Shuri began. "...and he's gunning straight for Bucky and Galina."

The Avengers were woken up early this morning for an emergency meeting led by T'Challa, Shuri, Steve, and Natasha.

They were sat around one of the conference rooms in the palace.

Bucky's brows pulled together in mild bewilderment as he spoke up. "How do we know this?"

Steve leant forward on his elbows all Captainly and replied. "Because Stark called to warn us last month or so that Ross and the FBI are trying to hack into our tech — he just called again an hour ago to inform us that the United States government is planning on writing a subpoena to get Galina back in the country."

"A subpoena for what?"

"In the court case of the ordeal that happened in 2014 with HYDRA infiltrating SHIELD."

"Not only that, but they've been trying to infiltrate and get into Wakanda's network security." Shuri tells them with a slow growing grin. "They haven't made it far."

"This is simply a political move to get her back in the country and declare her a fugitive against the United States just to arrest her before the court date." said Natasha.

"Wait, and how does Bucky fit into all of this?" questioned Petra. "Sorry, I don't know shitty American laws."

"If she's brought to court and is questioned about the Winter Soldier by prosecution, Bucky is then required to come to the court as well since he would've been abundantly mentioned in the case and be counted as a "witness"."

"So, what's our game plan?" Sam queried, sitting up straighter.

"Our game plan is to sit tight and just wait it out."

"If I may interject," the King sprouted up, rising to his feet as he addressed the group. "The United States have no jurisdiction in Wakanda since we're a completely independent nation. Even if they try to subpoena Ms. Kuznetsov, they can't do so unless if she's out of Wakanda."

"So we're in the clear." the younger Kuznetsov said.

"Not...exactly." Steve says with a mild grimace. "Even if they attempt a subpoena and she doesn't attend the court date, the minute that we leave from Wakanda, we can be forced to answer for the law, I mean we already are forced regardless — same with Avengers like Clint or Scott who are already on domestic soil."

"And then that could possibly harm Galina even more and potentially build a case around Galina." Natasha explains.