✁ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧: 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙩

2014
📍WASHINGTON, D.C
Sam Wilson Residence
╰─────────╯

"ARE YOU sure that he'll let three strays into his house?" Galina questioned dramatically as one of Natasha's arms were wrapped around her shoulder to help her walk.

It's safe to say that Natasha got the brunt of the accident somehow.

"Sam's a good man. He'll help us...I trust him." Steve said with confidence before knocking on his door.

Sam opened it, eyes widening for a moment at their appearances. "Hey, man."

"I'm sorry about this...we need a place to lay low."

"Nazis are trying to kill us." Galina said blantly. "And I refuse to have 'killed by a Nazi' written on my headstone."

Sam shook his head slightly, trying his best not to laugh at the younger girl's humorous words before he opened the door and gestures for them to come in. "Not today."

...

The three of them shared the guest room and took turns cleaning themselves off in the bathroom.

Galina was sat on the end of the bed in borrowed clothes from Sam while Natasha was sitting on the upper side of the cushion drying off her hair.

Steve shuts off the water, rubbing a towel against his damp hair before leaning against the doorway — particularly eyeing the redhead

"Yeah." she said, definitely not okay.

He places his towel down on the sink and walks into the room to sit beside her.
"What's going on?"

Natasha blew out a small breath from in between her lips. "When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but I guess I can't tell the difference anymore."

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business." he jokes, clearly this was an inside joke between the two that Galina didn't understand.

"I owe you."

"It's okay."

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, now you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?"

"I would now. And I'm always honest." he smiled.

A smile is returned. "Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing."