✧ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

2018
THREE MONTHS LATER
Christmas Eve
! MISTAKES ARE PRESENT !
📍EDINBURGH
╰─────────╯

"MAN, I CANNOT BELIEVE I am celebrating my first ever Christmas." Shuri excitedly exclaims, holding a couple of Tupperware against her chest. "This is gonna be fun."

"It's really not all that." Bucky remarked as he continued to look over his shoulder in the darkening afternoon.

Galina popped a Tums dissolving pill in her mouth before chugging some water, wincing at the nausea rising in her throat. "That's bullshit — Christmas is definitely all that if you're celebrating with the right people."

Bucky frowned a bit at her uncomfortable expression and wrapped an arm around her in the process. "I mean, celebrating a holiday about a fat guy who breaks into houses for children is a little od—are you okay?" he asked when Galina stopped abruptly, staring off into space.

"No, because you food poisoned me and I feel like i'm gonna hurl." she accused.

"Last time I checked, food poisoning doesn't last over two weeks." he sassed before encircling his arm around her again and guiding them over to the townhouse.

"I keep telling her to come to my lab so I can run some tests!" the princess exclaimed in frustration. "It's probably her powers doing something weird to her body."

"That's what I've tried to tell her!"

"Nope, I guarantee you it's food poisoning." Galina emphasized as they walked up to the door.

She escaped from Bucky's arms and stepped forward to knock on the door.

Barely even a second later, the door swung open.

Wanda stood there with a bright smile as the smell of savory foods and sweets went wafting outside.

"Hey—"

Galina abruptly turned towards the nearby enlarged pot used for outdoor decoration and the minuscule contents that were in her stomach exiting through her mouth.

Bucky's eyes grew wide and he immediately pulled her hair back with one hand while the other situated itself on her back.

"Oh?" the newly redheaded girl muttered as she blinked a couple of times.

"Are our guests her—oh!" Vision's words were cut off when his realistic eyes fell onto the gagging girl. "That was...That was a new pot.."

Bucky looked up at them with a grimace. "Sorry."

Shuri cleared her throat and took a step forward, extending her basket filled arms. "Merry Christmas!"

...

After quickly brushing her teeth with the toothbrush that she packed, she pulled back her hair in a ponytail and turned to open the door.

The minute that the doorway was open, a body slammed itself into her and she tried to disregard another wave of nausea that crawled in her stomach at the sudden motion.

It was Petra, of course, whom was excitedly squealing in her arms.

"Oh my god, is this happening? Is this real?" she jokingly said as she squished her cheek into her big sister's shoulder. "I missed you!"