✧ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲: 𝐒𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐞𝐫𝐬

2018
📍WAKANDA
╰─────────╯

"COME ON, you can do so much better than that."

Galina shoved the spear that was hovered above her neck hastily and rolled her eyes as she stood up from the grassy terrain.

"Hayi xa ndisilwa noDora." she huffed as she wiped a strand of hair away from her sweaty forehead. [ "Not when I am fighting a Dora." ]

Ayo laughed heartily at the girl. "Hayi suka niyalwa oko ninxibe amanabukeni! Ungenza ngcono." [ " Oh come on, you've been fighting since you were in diapers! You can do better." ]

All Galina did was grunt in response and limped over to a nearby bench, grabbing her water bottle from the ground in the process.

The Dora sighed at the tired assassin before she walked over to where she sat, sitting down beside her.

"What ails you, child?" she questioned. "Is it Sergeant Barnes?"

Not much has changed within the past year, a year since he's been in cryo — a year since they've last spoken.

Yeah, it was really really rough and some nights she finds herself crying in her palace issued bedroom, but, she coped.

As the months passed since Nat, Steve, and Sam left, Wanda ended up leaving too — supposedly Vision had found them a house in Scotland in a very nice and quaint area.

Pietro then followed her, and then Petra ended up leaving as well and supposedly Peter was making trips to Scotland thanks to Tony's help and money.

Let's be clear that Peter kept the fact that Vision and Wanda were there from him.

That was when she got moved into the palace since it was just her now and despite the delicious food and staying up until the early hours of the morning goofing around with Shuri in the lab, it was extraordinarily lonely.

"No, it's not that." she quietly denies, staring down at her lap.

"Are you having those dreams again?"

"No, no it's not that." she quickly shook her head and sighs. "No, it's just...everything is...okay right now and...I think i'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop."

She smiled sadly at her and nodded in understanding. "A sprinkle of normalcy can be alarming to someone with your past, and bad things are still gonna happen regardless, but, that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the good things when they're here."

Ayo was certainly right, she couldn't let her anxiety ruin the good things...but she couldn't help but to still let that inner gut feeling intensify.

"Now, get up." she ordered, rising to her feet and then outstretching a hand towards her. "The sun is about to set soon."

Galina let out a tired breath through her teeth and placed her hand in hers, allowing for her to help her up.

📌 THE LAB

"Do you think, you can make me a machine where whatever food I think of just...appears?" Galina questioned curiously as she twirled her fork in her bowl full of spicy ramen, following behind Shuri.