❅ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦: 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴

2016
📍SAINT LUKE's CATHEDRAL
London
╰─────────╯

THE CHOIR hummed their hymn while Peggy's casket was being carried down the aisle — Steve being one of people holding it.

"This is so sad." Petra whispered to Galina with a frown — the two sat in the very back pews with Natasha.

"It's a funeral, Petra. Of course it's gonna be sad." she whispered back in a belligerent hiss.

Galina, too stressed out to even argue for either side of the Cap vs. Iron Man spectrum, ended up agreeing to the easiest option — signing the accords.

Since Petra is a minor and she's technically her legal guardian, she had to also sign in Petra's behalf since within the law, she isn't seen as an adult yet.

If Petra didn't agree to signing, she could potentially be thrown in the Raft — and Galina refused to let that happen.

Today is the day where it's time to ratify the accords.

"And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words." the priest's accented voice rang out in the room before stepping down from the altar.

A familiar blonde was seen sauntering up onto the podium.

Both Natasha and Galina's eyes grow wide as they simultaneously glance at one another.

"That's..." the blonde trailed in disbelief.

"Yeah." the redhead replied. "Didn't realize she was a Carter Carter."

Petra, who sat between them looked at them in complete confusion. "Am I missing something?"

Sharon cleared her throat as she eyed something in the front row momentarily, no doubt Steve, before speaking. "Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD...but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy."

"Not even a distant relative?" Galina said under her breath in surprise. "A relative relative."

"Can you guys stop repeating words and fill me in on what's going on?" the younger Kuznetsov stubbornly hissed out.

"She had a photograph in her office — Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to, which is why I never told anyone we were related."

Natasha blew out a long breath from between her lips. "Basically, Sharon was an undercover agent for SHIELD. She lived next door to Steve at his old apartment complex to keep an eye on him upon SHIELD's orders."

"Steve also had a mega super crush on her." Galina added with a disgusted frown on her lips. "I see why now."

"Well, it's not like he knew that was Peggy's niece, right?" Petra questioned rhetorically.

"No...but it just...makes sense."

The younger girl's brows pulled together in bewilderment. "I thought Steve and Nat had a thing?"

Natasha's eyes widened a centimeter before she gave Galina a glance of "what the fuck". "You told her?"

"No!" she defended. "But either way, shes my sister. I'm gonna tell her stuff — it's not like she's Pietro or something who has a loud mouth."