𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

1995
📍RUSSIA, MOSCOW
╚════▣◎▣════╝

"WE'LL NAME her Galina." Anastasia stroked the wailing baby's chubby cheek as tears flowed down her own.

Henry sat next to her on the bed, trying his best to ignore the several agents in the room but he can't help his wandering nervous eyes to glance their way.

The bedroom air was thick — tensions high.

When Anastasia was about five months pregnant, the couple began to struggle financially. They were manipulated by an "organization" who made a deal with them.

The deal was that these "scientists" could study the baby's genetic potential within the womb and they would earn money.

The couple didn't notice what the fine print in the contract said, even if they did, the money was worth it.

The fine print stated:

"The participant must give up the fetus when it is born for further research."

"Пора. Дайте нам ребенка." one of the agents demanded. ["It is time, give us the child."]

...but they came up with a plan...a reckless one at that.

"«Это не было полностью раскрыто в соглашении»." Anastasia went on, pleadingly ["This wasn't fully disclosed in the agreement."]

Henry's shaky hand slowly reached behind his lower back, fiddling with the pistol in his waistband with flaring nostrils.

"«Вы подписали бумагу. Слишком поздно. Отдайте нам ребенка, иначе все станет некрасиво»." the agent warned in a threat, teeth almost bearing.
["You signed the paper. Its too late. Give us the child or things will get ugly."]

She glanced over at her husband momentarily as his hand tightened on the weapon, she reached a hand out to rest on his shoulder.

— On my cue
she said into his head telepathically before removing the hand that connected to his mind.

"No." Anastasia uttered simply, her face stoic as her eyes turned into a pink hue.

Her fingertips were oozing in a magenta shadow  before she jolted her right free hand forward and threw an agent back.

"ОНА УЛУЧШЕННАЯ!" one of the HYDRA associates cried out. [ "SHE'S ENHANCED!" ]

Henry whipped out the pistol and began to fire at the agents. "Go, now!" he yelled at his wife while he distracted the guards.

Despite the pain in her body, Anastasia got up to her feet — cradling her daughter against her chest as she ran down the corridor.

She winced as she sprinted down the steps only to be greeted by more of HYDRA.

Anastasia flicked one of her wrists and pushed them backwards and out of her way with ease as she limped her way towards the garage door — her hand scooping upwards, triggering the door to open.

The brown haired woman quickly put her child in the car seat at the back of the vehicle then hopped into the driver's seat.

She drove hastily down the block.

As she drove, she spotted five black armored trucks following closely behind her in her rear view mirror.

Her eyes glowed as the cars flipped, covered in her mist.

She was almost there.

She's so close—

BANG !

BANG !

BANG !

Blood painted the windshield and the front of the car as the vehicle began to spin out of control.

The car flipped multiple times down the block after it hit a tree...but the child was okay...it was covered in a cradle of pink.

The only sound that could be heard was the sound of a baby wailing and the muttering of Russian.

- - - - - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -