➘ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧: 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦

2012
📍QUINJET HANGAR
╚════▣◎▣════╝

WHEN FURY approached Steve—no no, stalked Steve in his local gym with a mission pertaining to the demon cube he dealt with over forty years ago, he damn near ran away from the fight.

I mean, can you blame him?

That's the same cube that powered the machine that ultimately led to his best friend's death.

"You alright, Cap?" Coulson asks. He was a nice guy, Steve will admit, but he can read the Captain America obsessiveness all over him which isn't entirely a bad thing — he just doesn't know how to handle fangirls—or boys per say, he never has.

Steve is a shy man behind the Captain America persona, the only person who ever saw the shy vulnerable side of him being that best-friend.

When people froth at the mouth over him, he always has an overwhelming sense of imposter syndrome.

He never had true time to get out of his shell since he was too busy in the fight.

"Yeah." he replies as the quinjet doors began to elevate down. "Just thinkin'."

The other brown haired boy cleared his throat. "Y—You sure?" he assures, shakily.

And then there's this kid who keeps staring at him as if he killed his puppy. He's had to have counted at least seven times that he's caught him.

Steve never entirely got his name because when he asked for the kids name he sputtered it out in a stuttered whisper — it was either Aaron or Aspen, most likely Aspen.

He also isn't sure where he came from. All he said was that Fury kidnapped him — totally not concerning at all.

Steve gave him a tight lipped smile and nodded. "Yeah, kid."

Once the ramp for the quinjet was down, the trio walked down it to be immediately greeted by Natasha Romanoff.

Coulson gave her a curt nod. "Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers and Aspen Xavier."

"Ma'am?" Steve greeted almost bashfully. He was never good at talking to pretty women.

Aspen settled for an awkward shake of his hand with his lips pressed together.

Natasha gave them an intimidating once over before replying. "Hi." she looks to Coulson. "They need you on the bridge. They're starting the face-trace."

Without further conversation, Coulson leaves them. "See you there."

"It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice." Romanoff comments, directed towards Steve as the trio collectively stroll. "I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" she asked with a teasing brow.

"Trading cards?" his own brows reached high on his forehead.

"They're vintage, he's very proud."

Bruce Banner is seen walking around the ship, struggling to stay out of the way while workers keep walking and almost trampling him.