! 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘮𝘰𝘭𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘮𝘢

2021
📍LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
tw: graphic death
╰─────────╯

"JACK, ITS GETTING late." the woman giggles out, trying to wiggle from out of her husband's grasp.

"That's the point, Ann." Jack muttered into the skin of her neck with a cheeky grin as he backed her into the granite counter top.

Ann managed to release her arms and pressed her hands against his shoulders to give herself some room. "I have to go to work." she slowly emphasized with raised eyebrows. "You know, to save lives."

He sighed through his nostrils, eyes hanging heavy with love as he examined her — his fingers fiddling with the hem of her scrub top.

"But do you have to?" he lightly whined like a child. "I hate when you work night shifts...especially with our little bean growing in there." his fingers ran across the faintest bump on her lower abdomen.

Ann grinned up at him, a hand cupping his jaw as her thumb ran across his cheekbone. "I do." she softly says.

She rises up onto her tippy toes and pressed her rose-colored lips onto his. "I'll be back before you know it, okay?"

As Ann began to pull away, Jack kept a tight grip on her hand before bringing it up to press the backside of it.

"I love you." he mutters into the skin.

Ann smiled, squeezing his hand one last time as she grabbed her work bag from the isle stool with her free hand. "I love you."

Reluctantly, he lets go and watches her walk away, turning the corner from out of the kitchen and into the foyer.

Jack deflates against the edge of the counter, running his fingers through his short cropped hair as anxiety began to bubble up inside of him.

When the Blip happened, he was all the way in New York while his wife was at home.

He could recall the fear that was stricken inside of him when his fellow anchors began to fade to dust and the realization that his family could very well be dust as well.

But, they got lucky.

Jack opens up the silver colored fridge and grabs a can of probiotic soda before venturing into the conjoined living area.

He plops down on the thousand dollar sofa and clicks on the television, finding himself watching a re-run of Suits.

It didn't take long for the anchor to start dozing off...

...it also didn't take long for a shadow to make itself present from the corner of the room.

The shadow slowly stalks forward, coming up from behind the couch of the nodding off man.

One head jolt forward was proven far too rough which caused for the soda to slip from his hand...and caused for him to wake up over the wetness coating his abdomen.

He groaned in annoyance and immediately rose to his feet with his hands hovering above himself. "Goddammit!" he cursed, moving to set the soda down on the coffee table.