➘ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐮𝐩 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

2008
📍BOZEMAN, MONTANA
United States of America
╚════▣◎▣════╝

GALINA WAS riding her bike down the block of their house, occasionally saying hi to other kids.

"Lina, come play with us!" one of the neighborhood kids, Brandon, called out.

"Tomorrow!"

Since another year has gone by, she's adjusted to the suburban life a little bit more.

She actually likes being in Montana now and quite frankly, she doesn't want to go back to the Red Room.

The bicycle started to come to a halt as she skidded into the driveway before hoping off of it and guiding it through the gate.

She parked her bike in the backyard only to find Petra doing backbends in the grass.

"What are you doing?" she asks with a twinge of humor.

"I'm upside down."

She shook her head with a smile before stopping in front of her and also doing a back bend.

"Now we're both upside down!" Petra exclaimed in a giggle.

"You're gonna fall first."

"Nu-uh. You're gonna fall."

Within seconds later, Petra fell first. Galina rolled back down into a regular position and began to run. "I told you!"

"No!" she protested with giggles, chasing after her.

"I told you so!"

Just as she was getting the lead, Petra fell to the ground making a small hmph sound.

Galina turned around to see her little sister crying on the dirt surface and quickly rushed over to her.

"Mommy!" Petra shouted as the tears continued to fall.

Jenya being in the kitchen, heard the chaos and she quickly found herself jogging down the small steps and over to the girls. When she was near, Galina began to scoot away from her. "What happened?" she asks, kneeling down.

"She fell on her knee." she shortly informed. As stated earlier, her opinions have changed about certain things. Instead of seeing Jenya and Petrov as mission partners, she sees them as the enemy. She feels this way solely because of Petra and how the young girl truly believes that this is a real family.

It's hurts because she's grown so fond of her.

"Ah, you bumped your knee?" Jenya cooed and examined the hurt area before pressing a kiss to it. "Shh shh shh, come on little one." she gently stroked her face and got herself and the little one up to their feet.

"Look! It's the monarchs!" Petra exclaims as she pointed to the butterflies excitedly.

Galina stood up straight and wrapped an arm around her shoulder as they gazed at the butterflies. "We see them all the time, Petie."

"Can we adopt one?"

Jenya chuckles. "I'm afraid not." she began to walk inside. "Get cleaned up, girls. Dinner is ready."