➘ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞

2010
📍SECRET HYDRA HEADQUARTERS
United States or America
╚════▣◎▣════╝

"SHES GETTING stronger and stronger each day, sir." one of the scientists, Dr. Henley, states in a worry with his team behind him equally as worried. "With all due respect, she nearly tore this place apart in her sleep and nobody knows how or why."

Alexander Pierce continues his tasks at his desk and non-chalantly replies. "Galina Kuznetsov has psychic abilities passed down by someone who had those same abilities. We have enough information from her deceased mother to conclude Galina's power level nonetheless, she was studied in the womb — she is not as much of a threat as you think she is according to her own data and her mother's data. She isn't even at her mother's level yet and that level is pretty low."

"But she's still so young." the scientist argued. "We have no idea where her power could be at in the next few months. You need to let us access her Red Room files so we can make suppressors according to her chart for future reference."

"Are you challenging me, Doctor?" he said in a condescending tone, eyes sharp like knives. "I said what I said and I said absolutely not."

"She is out of control sir!—"

"You're dismissed, Doctor." he waved his hand in dismissal, focusing back onto the folder in front of him.

Dr. Henley gulped and nodded curtly before turning around and directing his fellow scientists out of the office.

It was clear that Pierce's intentions for not wanting her on suppressors were not for Galina's greater good whatsoever.

It was for HYDRA's.

What good could an asset be if their power was restricted?

She was hired by HYDRA shortly after the Montana mission and has been on numerous ones after that. Infiltration. Assassination. Etcetera.

Her powers have also grown as stated earlier. The once faded mist has now spiraled into a full light pink energy source that cannot be controlled.

The agents at HYDRA deemed her The Anomaly or Хаос which means Chaos in Russian.

When she visited the Red Room and helped the younger girls train, they called her Rose Widow and worshipped her as if she was a god.

But only one person disliked her.

The man that everyone calls The Winter Soldier.

They started training together merely last year thanks to Alexander Pierce and Dreykov's collaboration.

Galina would be a fool to admit that he hasn't helped her technique at all and weaponry skills...but he's such an ass.

Their first training session was only filled with glares and insults as well as a couple of "sloppy's."

Every-time the smaller girl managed to get the larger guy on the ground, he would grumble a few expletives in Russian before dragging her down with him.

"That punch was sloppy." he sneered.

Galina's jaw ticked right before she did a roundhouse kick directly at his face which caused him to stumble.

"Это было небрежно, солдат?" she said tauntingly with a smirk. [ "Was that sloppy, soldier?" ]

He rolled his jaw before aiming a punch to her side in which she dodged. Just before Galina was about to make another move, the training gym doors opened to a guard.

"Pierce has a new mission for you, Galina."

Galina glared at the soldier one last time before leaving the mats, picking up her water bottle along the way.

The truth is, he didn't necessarily dislike the girl if anything he admired her hard-working nature. No, he disliked her because she reminded him of someone...reminded him of someone that he can't seem to remember.

That's what triggers him.

"Galina! Nice to see you. How's the training going with Winter?" Pierce questioned, his beady eyes focused on her.

"Really great." she lied with her accent that was beginning to come back in after years of putting on an American one.

Pierce tsked. "Have you been working on your American accent? We don't want a repeat of that mission a couple of months back, now do we?"

By that he means the mission where her Russian accent seeped through momentarily a month or so back while she was undercover which nearly jeopardized the task at hand. 

"No sir." she replied in the Americanized accent.

He chuckles before sliding the file over. Galina picked it up and looked through it.

"The Assassination of Nick Fury will give HYDRA the freedom that it needs." he remarked.

She looked up from the file and nodded sternly. "Hail HYDRA."

...

This is the worst part of the afternoon.

Having free time but not being allowed out of her cell — having absolutely nothing to do, being bored out of your mind.

Honestly, her sleeping quarters were a lot nicer than in the Red Room's. Instead of an actual cage like design, it was an actual room but with metal walls and security guarded right outside of her door.

The door suddenly unlocks and then opens which startled her, causing for her to jolt up from her position in the bed with one of her lamps unintentionally flying from off of her dresser in pink mist.

Galina groans in annoyance when she realized who it was. "Ah, cука." she grumbled, glaring. "Why are you here."

The soldier didn't reply and instead walked deeper in the room and tossed a bag that he was holding at her. "Для вашей миссии." [ "For your mission." ]

And then without another word, he began to walk out.

Galina stared at the duffel bag in her lap before they looked up at the soldier's retreating form. "Wait." she called out almost desperately.

Winter stopped abruptly, his head looking over his shoulder as he awaited for her to say something.

She sat there staring at him for a moment trying to come up with something to say. Even though she hates him, he's the only source of human interaction right about now and she'll take it for a couple of seconds more.

"Um.." she trails off, eyes squinting at him. "Did you get a haircut?"

The soldier had no reaction — simply a blank face, before he looked away and continued his path out of the room.

The metal door shut with a loud clank, making Galina groan once more and throwing her upper body back on the bed so that she was laying there staring at the ceiling again, pretending that she was staring at stars.

[1] 𝘿𝙀𝙑𝙄𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉  |  𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara