➘ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐥𝐨𝐤𝐢, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐬𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝

2012

📍SHIELD FACILITY╚════▣◎▣════╝

📍SHIELD FACILITY
╚════▣◎▣════╝

NICK FURY and Maria Hill stepped from out of the helicopter and was greeted by Agent Phil Coulson as alarms sounded in the background.

"How bad is it?" Fury asked in a hurried tone.

"That's the problem, sir." he paused, gulping. "We don't know."

They enter the facility, passing fleeing technicians, taking only the essentials.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago."

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to go to test phase." Fury said with a twinge of annoyance.

"He wasn't testing it. He wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous event."

Maria's voice was mildly unsteady. "It just turned itself on?"

"Where are the energy levels now?"

Coulson shrugged. "Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac."

"How long to get everyone out?"

"Camps should be clear in the next half hour."

"Do better." Fury urged as him and Maria continued to walk down deeper into the facility.

"Sir, evacuation may be futile."

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?"

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance."

They come to a halt. "I need you to make sure Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out."

She looked at him with a small scoff. "Sir, is that really a priority right now?"

"Until suchtime as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone."

She hesitated. "Yes, sir." she began to saunter away before alerting other agents. "With me."

Nick and Agent Phil Coulson enter the radiation facility housing the Tesseract, the area cluttered with machines and people leaving.

"Talk to me, Doctor."

Dr. Hal Mort appears from behind a CMS machine, concerned. The Tesseract is glowing unusually brighter and a flare of blue shoots out from it, hitting things at random.