story 184

Kie's POV:

JJ and I got married super young. We got married when we were eighteen on our surf trip during my gap year before college. Life was great and we had kids, four of them. However, we ended up getting divorced when we were thirty-one years old.

Our divorce was pretty easy, there was no custody battle, and we were splitting 50/50. JJ moved out and bought a house on the cut. I kept the house on Figure Eight. It's been six months since the divorce was officially finalized. The kids were adjusting better than we expected.

Tonight, I was going on a date. His name was Eli and we were going out to dinner. Dinner was going well and I forgot how much I hate dating. He dropped me off at home and Sarah asked, "How'd it go?"

"Ehh, he's okay"

"Is there going to be a second date?"

"Maybe" I said not fully sure if I wanted there to be one or not

I ended up going on a second date with Eli and Sarah helped me find a few other guys. It's been about three months and I've gone on about ten dates. I was on a fourth date with Eli at the Country Club when JJ walked by and saw me. He looked at Eli and at me and then kept walking.

It looked like he was here working. I wonder when he got a job here. Eli and I were leaving when he stopped and kissed me. I kissed him back and he said, "I've  enjoyed getting to know you, Kiara... Will you officially be my girlfriend?"

I thought about it for a second because I didn't know what to say. I quickly said, "Yes, of course"

He kissed me again and we were leaving when I looked back and saw JJ watching. I got into Eli's BMW and he took me home. That night, JJ texted me and asked

JJ: So who is the guy?

Kie: The guy is my boyfriend

JJ: We should talk about that

Kie: What? Are you like my dad now?

JJ: I just mean if you're dating someone, we should talk about how that works with the kids. I don't give a shit who you dare or what you do

Kie: Wow, thanks... Love you too, asshole

JJ: Duck off

JJ: Duck*

JJ: OMG FUCK***

Kie: 🦆🖕

I put my phone down and took a shower. Eli texted me and I texted him until I fell asleep. I woke up the next day and got the kids off to school and then I went to go to work. Except, my car wouldn't start. Shit.

I called JJ and told him my car wasn't starting and he was a dick and said, "Sounds like a you problem"

"JJ, what am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, call your new boyfriend"

"He doesn't know shit about cars... Whatever, I'll just call someone else" I said hanging up the phone

I went outside and tried to start my car again. I sat there and I was just about to call my dad when JJ showed up. He didn't talk to me, he just popped the hood and tried to figure out what was wrong. It took him like ten minutes to figure it out and he had to get some parts. He dropped me off at work and Eli picked me up and dropped me off at home. I saw JJ outside with the kids playing.

I walked inside and started dinner. I was making enough for JJ to stay as the kids would love it. We had dinner as a family, something we haven't done in a long time. JJ went back outside to work on my car and after a few hours, I went to check on him.