story 53

Kie's POV:

I hooked up with JJ once on the island and we both agreed it was a mistake. We didn't tell anyone and things went back to normal between us.

It wasn't awkward or weird. John B, Pope, and Sarah had no idea. However, I made the discovery that I was pregnant. It was JJ's baby.

I didn't tell anyone and based on my calculations, I was only about six weeks or so. I was going to keep this a secret for as long as possible.

Today, we spent all day hanging out at the chateau. I had been getting weird stomach cramps but I ignored them. They got pretty intense and I went inside and went to the bathroom and that's when I noticed the blood.

The pain got worse and I had been in here for almost thirty minutes when Sarah knocked on the door and asked if everything was okay. I told her that I was fine and she left. She came back five minutes later and I said, "Get JJ"

There was a knock on the door and JJ opened it and he came in and shut the door. He saw me laying on the floor in pain.

He got down next to me and asked, "Are you okay, Kie?"

I was crying and I looked at him and I whispered, "I think I'm having a miscarriage"

"A miscarriage? So you're pregnant or were and is it mine?"

I shook my head yes and he hugged me.

"What do you need me to do? Do we need to go to the hospital? Want me to get Sarah? Your mom?"

"I just have to wait it out. No, I just want you..." I said crying

"I'll be right back." He said leaving

He came back a few minutes later with a blanket and we put it over me and he sat down so my head was on his lap. He played with my hair and lightly rubbed my back. We stayed in there for a few hours and everyone kept asking if we were okay. JJ just told them I was sick and they left us alone.

It was around 2 am and the cramping had gotten better. JJ carried me to the spare bedroom and tucked me into bed and he slept next to me. He held me in his arms all night long. The next day I was feeling much better, with no more cramping or heavy bleeding.

I went to the doctor and she confirmed that I was no longer pregnant. Life went back to normal. JJ and I never spoke about that night. I went off to college and didn't see the pogues that often except on breaks and over the summer.

Life got busy for all of us. I was a junior in college and I was home for spring break. I went to John B's to see him and Sarah. I was shocked to see JJ and Pope there as well.

I hugged both of them and there was something off with him. We were going to throw a kegger tonight, just like old times.

It was at the Boneyard with a bunch of people. We were all having fun and then JJ grabbed me and lead me away from everyone.

"How have you been?" He asked

"Amazing, I just got an internship, and school has been...." I trailed off realizing that wasn't what he was talking about

I looked down and moved my feet in the sand and I said, "I think about it every single day..."

He hugged me and then some girl came over and she stepped between us and kissed JJ. I walked away and went back to the party as JJ was busy with his new girl. I went to Pope and suddenly, I wasn't in the mood to party anymore. Pope and I left the party and went back to the chateau and watched a movie.

JJ and John B both came back hours later and they were wasted. Sarah was the one who brought them home, thankfully JJ was alone.

The next day, I ignored JJ. I realized that the miscarriage didn't impact him the way it did me. I wish that I never told him.