story 136

Sarah's POV:

We are all grown up and adults now. We were all back in the Outer Banks for a wedding. Kie was engaged to this incredible guy named James. She even brought him with her to a wedding. Pope brought his fiancé Cleo and JJ came alone.

Kie had been here for many five minutes when JJ showed up and she went and hugged him. Okay, so the thing about JJ and Kiara is that they've been hooking up off and on since they were sophomores in high school. They never dated and always said it was just sex and meant nothing. It's been off and on for years. Even throughout college, whenever they would see each other it would happen.

I whispered to Kie, "How long before you and JJ sneak off?"

She gave me a look and said, "Shut up, I'm engaged now"

I just gave her a look because I know they just can't control themselves when they are together. So, here we were at this wedding fir a friend we weren't even that close with. Kie's fiancé went back up to their hotel room as he was getting a bunch of work calls. Kie and JJ were drunk and dancing together and I walked over to my friends and said, "Okay, how long before they do it?"

"I don't think they will. Kiara is engaged to James" Pope answered

"They'll kiss but that's it"  Cleo stated

"Trust me, they're gonna do it" I said

"It's JJ and Kie, we know it's coming"

James came back down and hung out with us. JJ and Kie were back from dancing and now Kie was dancing with James. Maybe I was wrong. John B and I joined them on the dance floor and we danced and then went in the photo booth.

I had to go to the bathroom and I snuck off quick. When I opened the door to the bathroom, I saw JJ and Kie both scrambling to get cleaned up. JJ's hair was a mess and he was trying to button his shirt. Kie was pulling her dress down and touching up her makeup.

"I knew it!" I said walking away and Kie followed me begging me not to tell James

"You're my best friend, you know that. I'm not going to tell anyone but don't fucking cheat on James. He's a good guy and deserves to know if you have feelings for JJ"

"I've told you a million times before that I don't have feelings for JJ"

"Then why do you hook up with him every time you see him?"

Kie stormed off and I knew she was mad. JJ was hanging out with John B and James must have gone back to his room. Kie never said goodbye to any of us before she left. I have to admit that JJ always brought out the best in her.

We stayed for another before John B and I went back to our hotel room for the night. The next morning, we all met up for breakfast, everyone except for JJ and Kie showed up, and even James was there. 

He looked at me and asked, "Do any of you know where Kiara is? She never came back to the hotel room last night."

"Shit, I'm sorry. I thought she texted you. She was super drunk and throwing up in the hotel lobby bathroom so I just let her crash on the couch in our room. Let me go check on her" I said covering for her

I headed to the front desk and told them I was missing my room key and they gave me a new one, except this one I got was for JJ's room. I opened the door and there JJ and Kie were laying in bed together all curled up talking.

"Good morning, lovebirds! Kie, your fiance is in the lobby waiting for you to come to breakfast"

"I'll be down in a minute" Kie said turning back to JJ 

I walked out of the room but I took one look back and watched as she leaned down and kissed JJ. It looked like they were both sad and it seemed emotional. I waited for her outside the room and she came out crying. I told her what I told James and she wiped her tears.

"Are you good?"

"I just ended things for good with JJ and he we basically agreed that we were never going to see each other again" She said holding her tears back

I gave her a hug and whispered, "You love him, so be with him"

She looked at me like I was crazy and we went back downstairs for breakfast. James was so happy to see Kie. We all went our separate ways back home and I told John B about what I saw and what Kie said.  He agreed with me and said they just need to be together. 

John B tried talking to JJ and he reported that JJ said he can't see Kie anymore because he won't be able to not want to be with her. He completely blocked Kie on all social media and he was super committed to it. He didn't show up to her wedding either, which was probably a good thing. 

It has been two years since the two have seen each other and today John B got a call from JJ saying that his Luke had died from an overdose. I called Kie and told her and she was silent for a minute before she said, "Don't tell him, but I'll be on the next plane out"

Later that night, I picked Kie up from the airport and she hugged me and I drove her to JJ's house. She sat there for a second before I asked, "Are you sure that you want to do this?"

"Yeah, it's okay..." She said getting out and knocking on the door

I waited just to make sure JJ was home as he's been ignoring everyone else. The door opened and JJ practically fell into Kie's arms. It brought tears to my eyes watching the two of them. Their hug broke and they both leaned in for the kiss. They were full-on macking and then they went inside and I went home. 

I noticed Kie wasn't wearing her wedding ring or engagement ring. I told John B and later that night Kie sent me a text saying: Sarah, I ended things with James before I got on the plane. We still need to legally get divorced but I love JJ and we're finally together. Sorry for being such a bitch about it for years. 

I screamed as I was so happy and John B was pretty excited also. JJ and Kie finally realized they are meant to be together, something we've all known for a very long time.