story 94

JJ's POV:

Kie showed up to the chateau in pair of joggers and a sweatshirt. It was almost 90° outside today. She insisted that she was just cold and everyone else bought it, but not me. Not after all the other things I've noticed. Everyone was going out on the boat to swim and Kie said she didn't want to go and was just going to head home.

I volunteered to stay here with Kie. The rest of the group left and I asked Kie, "What's really going on? You can tell me anything"

She didn't say anything so I decided to speak again.

"Kie, I recognize all the signs of abuse. I was abused by my dad. You know that because you got me through it. You were always there to comfort me and help me. Please tell me what's happening and I will get you out of this situation"

"There is nothing happening. You have no right to judge me and my husband. Leave me the hell alone" She said leaving the chateau

She left and I knew I didn't approach it in the correct way. I felt awful for making her feel uncomfortable and leave. I didn't want to text her in case he saw the message. I had to get her alone again. I just had no idea how to do that as she never hung out with us anymore.

Two weeks had gone by and she was coming to some fancy dinner party that Sarah was having. Her husband was also coming. They showed up and they seemed like the picture-perfect couple. They seemed to be having fun like everyone else. There were probably 20-30 people here. I left to go to the bathroom and right as I was shutting the door, Kie slipped in and locked the door behind her.

"I'm sorry about our last conversation" She whispered

"It's okay... Are you okay?"

She looked at me and she took her sweater off so she was just standing in her bra. Her body was covered in bruises and even a few bite marks. She slid her leggings off too and her hip bone was swollen and black and blue. I pulled her into my arms and held onto her tight, but so gently.

"I won't ever let him touch you again" I said

"I wish you could protect me from him, but you can't. I have to go home with him. I've tried to run before and he finds me."

"So we'll put his ass in jail"

"I can't leave him, JJ"

"Why? Why not?"

"Because I can't.. Okay?" She said leaving pissed at me

I didn't know what to do to help her and she doesn't want anyone else to know. It's been a few weeks since I've talked to Kie and she went back to not hanging out with us. For the next six months, I'd get texts every now and again. Kie promised she was fine and the abuse stopped. I didn't know how to help her since she clearly didn't want help. She was also eight months pregnant.

Once she gave birth, we all went and met the baby. She had a little boy that she named Liam and he was pretty cute. Kie got me alone and she promised she was okay. He hasn't touched her since the night she showed me her bruises.

Two years passed by and Kie seemed super happy with her husband and their son. Today we were at the chateau and Kie was there with her family.

The kids were running around having run and Kie seemed quiet. Her husband never left her side. Liam was with John B and Sarah's son and I walked over to them.

"Uncle JJ" John B's son said

"Hey guy!" I said getting down to their level and I noticed Liam was upset

"What's wrong Liam?" I asked

"Daddy hurt mommy" He said and my blood started boiling

I picked Liam up and snuck him inside and asked, "Your dad is hurting your mommy?"