story 21

JJ's POV:

Kie and I have been secretly hooking up. It's only happened a few times. This is what we're calling her kook year. She left the pogues and went to the Kook Academy. She hung out at the country club with all her rich friends and the kook princess, Sarah Cameron.

Pope and John B were mad at Kie for ditching them and I was too at first, but I got over it when she called me one night asking to hang out. She was drunk and she was telling me about how she tried to hook up with Elliot but he only wanted to date her. That's when Kie and I started the arrangement. Nothing happened that night as she was drunk. I just took her home so I knew she was safe and then I went home. I assumed she would forget about our whole conversation but to my surprise three days later she texted at 1 am. She told me to bring weed. She picked me up at my house and drove to some abandoned house in the woods where she parked her car.

"So are we actually gonna do this?" I asked not sure of what she wanted

"Yeah, we just need to get high first.." She said

We were taking turns smoking and the conversation started to flow more naturally I kissed her which turned into us hooking up in the backseat. We were both so fucking high. We woke up the next morning and she dropped me off as if nothing had happened.

We continued to hook up all year and we were always high or drunk and we never remembered much from the night before. It was now summer and Kie ended whatever was going on between us. She re-joined the pogues and we buried our secret and she made the no macking rule.

I still flirted with her all the time and she was so annoyed with me. We all thought she started to like John B, but apparently, we were wrong. It really stung watching Pope kiss Kie and she actually kissed him back. I was stuck third-wheeling them now that John B and Sarah were gone. I tried to hide how much it bothered me as to Kie it was just friends with benefits. But I think I actually fell for her like actually loved her. I've never felt this way for a girl before.

We just found out that John B and Sarah were gone. They couldn't find them and they were probably dead. Pope was the one who was comforting Kie. That should be me, not him. He's my best friend so there is nothing I can do about this.

They both went home with their parents and I was alone as my dad wasn't going to show up. I went home and he said, "Boy, you better tell me you didn't steal my fucking boat and wreck it!"

He beat the shit out of me. This was the worst fight we've ever had. He was going to kill me but somehow I got out of there and ran to the chateau. I had blood dripping down my face. My hands were bruised and my finger might have been dislocated. I was covered in dirt and blood. I texted Kie: I need you... meet me at the chateau asap

She was probably going to take it the wrong way but she came and she saw my body and she ran to get the first aid kit and ice. She came back from the kitchen and she started wiping all the blood off my face with a towel and then she used the alcohol which stung.

"What the hell happened?"

"My dad found out about the Phantom.." Was all I said

She carefully cleaned my cuts and she said my finger wasn't dislocated, it was just swollen. She iced my hand and then she saw the blood on my shirt. She lifted it over my head and we made this intense eye contact. She looked down at my stomach and she totally was admiring my abs. She cleaned the small cut on my chest and then she asked, "Are you okay?"

"I am now, thank you.."

"I'd glad you texted me"

"You're the only one I trust to see me like this. So can you not tell Pope?"

"Our secret, I promise..." She said hugging me and I hugged her back so gently

She looked into my eyes and we both started to lean in for a kiss but then she got up to throw the stuff away. She also put the first aid kit away. She wanted it and so did I. I just didn't know why she freaked out. It must be because of Pope.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. You and Pope have something going." I spoke apologizing for trying to kiss her

"It has nothing to do with Pope. I don't like Pope as anything more than a friend.."

"Then why don't you want to kiss me? Are you scared of me or something?" I asked worried

"No, I'm not scared of you but I am scared because every single time we've ever done anything, we've been too fucking high/drunk to know what's going on or what happened. I'm scared to do it sober with you because if it's bad we'll both remember and there's nothing to blame it on and there goes the friendship..."

"Kie, you have nothing to worry about. It's me and you, it can't be bad... I mean you've kissed Pope sober"

"Yeah, and it might ruin our friendship"

I didn't respond. I just walked up to her and put one hand in her hair more on the back of her head and the other on her cheek as I kissed her. She was hesitant to kiss me back but when she did, it turned into a full make-out session and it progressed into us having the best sex I've ever had.

We both laid there, breathless and Kie looked at me and asked, "So did that ruin the friendship? Are things awkward between us now?"

"No, things won't be awkward but you were right. It did ruin the friendship because I'll never be able to see you as just my friend anymore..."

"See... Fuck, I told you. John B is dead, Pope hates me because I don't love him, and now I lost you too... Fuck this.." She said upset and before she went too far, I stopped her

"Kie, I can't just be your friend because I want this all the time and this isn't something you do with friends. This isn't a friends with benefits thing anymore and it wasn't just a hookup. I love you and I want you to be my girlfriend."

She was in complete shock and she asked, "Did thee JJ Maybank just ask me to be his girlfriend?"

"Yes, I did.." I said smiling

"Fuck yes..." She said kissing me and then she stopped and said, "By the way, I love you too"