story 66

Kie's POV:

We had been on the island that JJ named Poguelandia for about a week now. JJ and I spilled the tea to everyone. Yeah, JJ and I dated during my kook year and kept it a secret. We broke up because he cheated on me.

He didn't say anything and everyone else got up. I treated JJ just like a friend and he did the same for me. It was late and JJ had been fighting with John B and Pope all night. It was one of their stupid fights and it ended with Pope saying, "That's right, you're acting just like your dad"

"Watch your fucking mouth," JJ said balling up his fists and getting ready to hit Pope

John B added, "Like father, like son"

I stepped in front of JJ and I put my hands on his chest and I said, "Look at me, do not get into a fight with them. Walk away and calm down"

JJ put his hands up in defeat and Cleo said, "Damn she still has you whipped"

JJ looked at Cleo and then back at everyone else and said, "Fuck off!"

He stormed off the beach and began running down the beach. 

"Really? I know being here hasn't been easy on anyone. We all have personal things and you all know JJ's father and that situation. It's so messed up that you would use that against him. Was JJ being a dick to everyone today? Yes! But don't fucking compare him to his father. Now I'm going to find him before he does something stupid" I said going off on all of them

"Sounds like someone is being protective over her loverrr" Cleo sang and I had enough of her being an annoying bitch

I walked up to her and I slapped her and said, "Shut the hell up"

I ran after JJ down the beach and I finally caught up to him. He told me to leave him alone. I didn't, I continued following him until he finally gave up and sat down. I told him what I did to Cleo and he laughed and said, "Sorry, I'm a bad influence"

"No, we are just the outcasts," I said resting my head on his shoulder

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, they really don't need us. John B is doing this for his father. It's his gold and him and Sarah are married. Then there's Pope going after his family cross and Cleo is pretty cozy with him"

"Shit, you're right. Should we dip now?"

"To where? We are stuck here"

"Surf trip, Pope has Cleo, John B has Sarah, so it looks like you're stuck with me" He said playing with a stick in the sand

"You say that like it's a bad thing" I said and he looked at me

"Kie, I cheated on you. You should just hang with the other pogues and let me do my own thing. You deserve so much better. I don't want to hurt you more than I already have"

"I'm not going to leave you to do something stupid. I promise you'll always have me, no matter what. Besides, I trust you and I know you'll protect me like you did with the machette"

JJ laughed and said, "No one would miss me if I was gone. I would save you over myself every single time"

I looked at him and I said, "You're so wrong, I would miss you. I almosted drowned with you because I couldn't live without you. You cheated on me and broke my heart, but I still love you"

"How can you still love me?" He asked so confused

"Because you're JJ Maybank" I whispered

"Yeah, that's the problem" He said and John B appeared in the distance and waved at us to come back

"We should go back" He said getting up without looking at me

"J, look at me" I said 

He looked at me and I hugged him and I whispered, "You are nothing like Luke. You deserve love and forgiveness"

He held me a little tighter and then we broke apart. We went back to the group and Pope asked, "All good?"

"Fine" JJ said

"You're acting like a dick" Pope said to JJ

JJ didn't react to it. No one said a word that whole night. We ate and got ready for bed. I think the heat and the hunger was starting to get to everyone. It was time for bed and we went to out shelter and I laid down next to JJ. I wanted to sleep near him to make sure he didn't wander off in the middle of the night. 

The next morning, Sarah and JJ were talking which was a good sign. John B and Pope were still pissed at JJ for his attitude and Cleo was sitting there sharpening her knife. 

"Good morning" I said in a happy voice and no one responded

"Seriously? What the hell is going on? Did we enter a parallel universe where everyone hates each other" I screamed

"No, I'm just sick of how JJ acts" John B said

"Me too" Pope added

"Guys, calm down" Sarah said jumping in

"I hate that he cheated on you. I never cheated on you and you still didn't love me" Pope yelled

"Okay, we only told you about our past relationship because you guys are our best friends, our family. Yes, JJ cheated on me but that doesn't mean I don't still love him" I said and JJ looked right at me

I walked up to him and I kissed him. He kissed me back and I looked at the pogues and they all shut up. JJ and I continued to make out on the beach and he said, "I love you, Kie"