story 106

Kie's POV:

JJ and I got married when we were twenty years old. We couldn't have been happier and we got pregnant right after the wedding and started having babies. Our family grew pretty quick, quicker than we wanted but of course, we loved all of our kids.

We had three kids who were five, three, and two years old. Three boys to be specific and they were all so high energy and all just like JJ.

He was great with the kids. He was an incredible father and the boys adored him. JJ and I just grew apart and one night after a big fight, we called it quits on us. We were getting a divorce.

We were so careful and we never fought in front of the kids. We sat the three down and tried to explain it to them. We lived on the cut now in the house JJ grew up in. I was going to move out and the boys were going to split time between houses.

I talked to my parents and they were happy to help me find a house. They ended up getting one for me on Figure Eight. It was gorgeous. I moved in and we moved the boys in too since they were going to be with me most of the time. JJ would have them every weekend.

It had been a few months since the divorce and I met a new guy. We went to the kook academy together. His name was Jake and he was so sweet. We kept our relationship private for about six months and then I introduced my boys to him. Jake was so good with them.

We were at the Chateau with all our friends hanging out.

JJ and I stepped outside to talk and he said, "I don't want you living with Jake. I don't want him raising my sons! OUR fucking kids. He's turning them into kooks and you're letting it happen. When we first started dating we both said we'd make sure our future kids lived the pogue lifestyle and didn't act like rich stuck-up kooks"

"There is a difference between acting like a kook and being a kook"

"Yeah, well you'd know because you're both"

"So this is about me being a kook? It always comes back to that"

"We break up, you get mommy and daddy to buy you a house on Figure Eight, you meet another kook and fall in love and act like I don't matter anymore. You let the fucking kook take care of my sons. You let him turn them into kooks. I'm their dad, not fucking Jake. I know I'm just a pogue from the cut, but I won't let you take my boys away from me. I'm their father and I don't care what kook money or lawyers you might have access to, I will not let you win." JJ said storming off

I think he's going to sue me for custody. I followed him and told him we are not opening up a court case. I refuse to put my sons through that. I told JJ to come over for dinner on Friday night when he picked the boys up.

We were all sitting at the table making casual conversation and Liam, our youngest child was blowing bubbles in his water. This was something JJ taught him. JJ thought it was funny and Jake found it rude.

"Liam, we talked about this and we don't blow bubbles while we're eating. Now I have to take the straw away"

"Woah, dude! You're not in a position to be parenting my son." JJ said defensive

Liam started crying when jake took the staw away. Jake said, "It's bad manners at the table. There are rules and it's gross"

JJ said, "He's fucking three years old. Put the damn straw back"

"No, I already punished him. I can't go back now" Jake said which set JJ off

JJ got up and said, "Let's get going guys, we'll stop on the way home and get food"

JJ grabbed our crying son and the other two followed. He brought them out to his car and he left.

"Kiara, you can't let him do that" Jake said