story 110

Kie's POV:

Today was my eighteenth birthday and I spent the morning with my parents and that night, I was at the Chateau with my friends.

It was a Monday night so it wasn't anything crazy. Pope left super early as it was school night and John and went to bed a little later. JJ said they were stupid and he was going to make sure I remembered my birthday.

He was driving my car and he pulled up to some tattoo place. It looked sketchy as hell but he said he knew the guy who owned it. He wanted to get me a tattoo.

"Hell no, that's way too scary" I said

"Come on, you only live once"

"Fine, but you're getting one too"

JJ and I walked into the tattoo place and the guy greeted JJ by name. He introduced me and then we started talking designs. I wanted something small in blank ink, no color. It had to be in a place that no one would ever really see it.

JJ had this idea and he asked if I trusted him and of course, I did. He wrote something on a piece of paper and handed it to Chad, the tattoo artist. I wanted it hidden and decided to do it on my rib cage right on my bra line under my left breast. JJ grabbed my hand as it was pretty painful.

Chad finally finished and he held up a mirror. The tattoo said

I'll keep you wild and it had a simple wave and a circle which was the world. It was written in handwriting. I was super quiet and then JJ got worried and asked, "Do you like it?"

"Shit... This was so stupid. You hate it and now it's stuck on your body forever"JJ said spiraling

"No, I actually love it.. I'm speechless. I didn't expect it to be so special" I said admiring the art

JJ looked so relieved and he said, "Now it's my turn..."

JJ handed me the picture on his phone which is where he got the idea from. There were two tattoos that went together. One said 'I'll keep you wild' and the other said, 'You keep me safe'

I wrote the you keep me safe and I also drew a wave and the world. JJ got his tattoo on the side of his forearm. It looked so good. We paid the guy and we went to get food. It was pretty late so we got food and sat in my car and ate it.

We talked and it was almost midnight and JJ asked, "Any last birthday wishes?"

I thought about it for a second and I decided to say something super stupid that I'd probably end up regretting but I said it anyway.

"How about a kiss from you" I said half joking but half serious

JJ wasn't expecting this. He looked at me said, "Hey, you said it and a joke or not I'm giving you your wish"

He crashed his lips into mine and it turned into a make out sesh. He eventually broke the kiss and asked, "Do you want to bring this inside?"

I think he was asking me if I wanted to hook up with him. Did I? Yes. Was it a good idea? No. My logic lost the argument and I said yes. We got out of the car and walked inside the Chateau.

JJ held my hand the whole way in and he led me to the spare room where he shut and locked the door. He turned back to me and asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah" I said as he started kissing me again

He was super experienced with all of this. He's been with so many girls before. He was kissing my neck and he had already taken my shirt off, my bra, and my pants and he was in his boxers. He suddenly stopped as I must have been super tense.

"We don't have to do anything if you don't want to" He said in a comforting voice

"No, it's not that it's just I can't stop thinking about all the girls you've been with" I said and he took a step back as I was sitting on the edge of the bed

"Yes, there have been a lot of girls but not as many as you think. I would never want to do anything to make you feel uncomfortable. You're beautiful, Kie and I'm not just saying that because I want to sleep with you. Any guy is lucky to have you" JJ said grabbing his shirt off the floor to put it back on

He seemed super sincere and vulnerable with me. I wanted him. I got up and walked over to him and grabbed his shirt from him and dropped it beside us. I looked into his eyes and said, "I want to do this with you. I'm just a little nervous because you're way more experienced"

JJ looked at me and said, "Don't worry, it's going to be good no matter happens. Let me know if at any point you want me to stop"

JJ started kissing me again and I felt way more comfortable with him. Things escalated pretty quickly and he was right, it was good. Really good. We both laid there breathless and sweaty after. I couldn't believe what just happened.

"Wow, that was amazing" JJ said lightly kissing me

"Yeah, I guess the rumors are true" I teased him

"Happy birthday, Kie" He whispered

"Best birthday ever" I said as he pulled me into his arms

I laid there lightly drawing shapes on his chest and my head was filled with thoughts. I eventually fell asleep and when I woke up, JJ was gone. We acted as if nothing happened last night.

I left for college a few months later and sort of fell out of touch with the pogues. We still talked just not as often. Four years flew by in the blink of an eye. I moved back home with my parents while I searched for a job.

I was still pretty close with Sarah but she was living in New York with John B. Pope was going to medical school now at Harvard. I always wondered how JJ was doing as we didn't talk much anymore.

I was working at the Wreck full time until I found a better job. It was late and it was closed for the night but a man walked in. It was JJ. It's been four years since I've seen him. He looks pretty much the same. He's more muscular now.

"So the rumors are true, the pogue princess is back in OBX" He said

"Hi" I said suddenly forgetting how to speak

"Do you still have it?" He asked

"The tattoo? Of course. I see it every morning " I said

"So you didn't have it removed because it was a stupid tattoo or because you're pissed at me or something?"

I look at him and I took off the apron I was wearing and lifted my shirt up to show him it was still there. He looked relieved and then I said, "I've missed you so much"

JJ was on the verge of crying. He walked up to me and he said, "I'm fucking falling apart without you"

I hugged him and he held me even tighter. I made the first move and I crashed my lips into his. He was caught off guard before he kissed me back. When we broke apart he said, "Damn, I wasn't expecting that"

"Neither was I" I said smiling

JJ kissed me again and then he told me he loved me. I told him I loved him and then I got us both some food and we caught up and it felt like no time had passed.

JJ and I sat in a booth eating fries and drinking beer. It was around two in the morning when I went home with him. We both knew this was just the beginning of our relationship.